Feature Request - Rendering in SU Window

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Having the Enscape window as a separate window, even with 2 monitors is kind a pain sometimes. Is it possible to get Enscape to just live right inside the SketchUp viewport? Wouldn't this be a dream come true for SketchUp?

• If it’s implemented correctly. I don’t use in-window rendering in V-Ray because I can’t clearly see the model below the rendering so I can’t make model edits.

If there’s a way to show linework and tool functionality through the render, I’m all for this feature!

• I completely agree! Also for my (our) workflow this matching is a crucial requirement. Anyway, I would be happy if Enscape´s render window and it´s editors would not only remain on top but at least also highlight SU´s viewpoort somehow at least - for all: perspective, non-perspective and two point perspective ! ;)

• That would require SU and Enscape to perfectly match views, not sure a 2 point perspective will work, and what Ted said.

All the more reason to fix the 2-Point Perspective bug! I know the developer who made it work for Chaos Group. Hes a free agent. He would be happy to help point you in the right direction @Enscape Team... Just sayin.

• Anyone who has used Thea knows it works and works really well. ;) Quite frankly, it's the only think I miss about Thea (sorry Thea lovers).

Rendering In Viewport with Thea

I wouldn't work completely while rendering live, but when you have clients and architects over your shoulder and you making design decisions on the fly, it's very useful to have this feature - especially if you are on a laptop or presenting on a projector, etc.

Also, I like to have my SketchUp trays on my 2nd monitor and this just forces me to dock my trays on my working screen when I am working on my 2-screen workstation. It's just a little bit of a pain, but I am not sure how many people work that way. I just dislike the trays that fly out. Not my favorite setup.

• ... completely independent from the renderer: How great it would be to be able to save SkUps entire working environment (including the trays, plugins, etc.) into different sets, which you can load then as desired, similar to Adobe CS does that. That alone would be a step in the right direction for any SkUp user ;)

• ... completely independent from the renderer: How great it would be to be able to save SkUps entire working environment (including the trays, plugins, etc.) into different sets, which you can load then as desired, similar to Adobe CS does that. That alone would be a step in the right direction for any SkUp user ;)

Now you're just talking crazy lol

• Official Post

Thank you all very much for the feedback. What you're requesting, is filed as a dedicated feature request on our agenda. I've happily added further upvotes to the topic through your voices and your feedback will be added as well. :)

Also, pardon EGIE , could you further elaborate what you'd like to see implemented in addition (what you mentioned in the last post) , I'm not entirely sure if I'm getting it correctly. :)

• hello people - didn't want to confuse anyone or talk crazy, I just wanted to add a note to VStudio above. About that:

long before I think about the window behavior of any render tools, I am quite unhappy with the native SkUp window organization itself.
    So again, sorry for my lack of clarity and the best thing should be you forget my comment above ;)
    Best & All of you, have a few nice Easter days ...

I have requested this feature to Trimble in the last 3 betas I have been a part of. All design software has some form of this as it makes so much sense.