Enscape Bricking Laptop

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hello everyone,

I have been using Enscape for both sketch up and revit on my work tower computer for about 5 months with no issues. We recently acquired a new laptop and Oculus for VR client presentations. The problem is when we launch Enscape from sketch up, it completes freezes the computer and requires a hard reset. Making a VR executable from my tower then bringing it to the laptop is fine, but it will not load natively. This is a huge pain as it basically requires 2 computers to get the result we want. The laptop is a gaming rig with a GTX 1060, so there should be no issues.

Thank you!

• Official Post

Hey elysse77 , to get behind this issue, would you kindly briefly send in a feedback report as described here? This way we'll receive more information about your machine, and log files which should tell us why you experience these problems!

In the meantime:

- Could you kindly make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date? You can download a new driver from the Nvidia homepage

- If you're using high-res textures above 4k, does reducing them before starting Enscape help? We now support 8k textures, before that it was 4k only, so you may run into out-of-memory VRAM problems.

In any case, we'll receive what we need to know with the feedback. :) Thanks!

• Official Post

Is there a limit to size of HDRI also? do huge HDRI backgrounds also effect Enscape?

Yes. The size limit is 12k in total, but even if you import a 8k skybox/background the performance gain should be neglectable. Especially if you have a mid-tier, higher end graphics card.