Light List?

• Would it be possible to add a light list? It would be ideal to be able to have a list of all lights in the model. If it could show lights, name of lights, on or off, and if it is a parent light or a dependent light affected by a parent that would be great. It would be nice to be able to turn a few lights on and off at the click of a button in list view.

Thank you

• Hey KTHU , this has already been requested before in a similar fashion. :) I'll happily add a further upvote and a feedback to the feature request on our agenda. Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Also, just to make sure you're aware, you can also always go into our Enscape Settings -> "Advanced" tab -> turn the "Artificial Light Brightness" up and down, which can already act as an on/off switch.

• I would like to suggest a feature I have seen in another rendering package where instead of a list, each light source may be controlled in a console type configuration. This way, we may adjust individual light sources live on the screen to add an extra layer of "reality" to evening scenes.

This would be very useful when creating visualizations for entertainment, hospitality and commercial/retail venues, where evening lifestyle scenes are more appropriate to convey activity than daylight scenes would.

And since we are dreaming here, adjusting colors and intensity would be a killer feature too. A virtual DMX controller! Is this an impossible goal?

• I would like to suggest a feature I have seen in another rendering package where instead of a list, each light source may be controlled in a console type configuration. This way, we may adjust individual light sources live on the screen to add an extra layer of "reality" to evening scenes.

This would be very useful when creating visualizations for entertainment, hospitality and commercial/retail venues, where evening lifestyle scenes are more appropriate to convey activity than daylight scenes would.

And since we are dreaming here, adjusting colors and intensity would be a killer feature too. A virtual DMX controller! Is this an impossible goal?

Thanks for the further feedback! I'll definitely add this to our agenda as well. :) I do like the idea, although this may be too complex for some; still, if this receives enough demand we can think about implementing it!

• Demian,

If we put our entrepreneurial thinking hats on, this is the kind of feature Enscape could charge for as a separate "add-on" or even a separate subscription fee. Imagine "Enscape Pro" the industry specific versions of Enscape.

An industry specific and targeted product that addresses the complexities of lighting for the retail design, theater productions, entertainment events, nightclub lighting design, etc.

Combined with Enscape ease of use this could be a killer addition.

• Thanks for the idea. :)

Right now we want to keep Enscape available as one everything-included version only. So if we ever implement this, it'll also be available in that version. Still, I'll forward your feedback - thank you!