Next Gen 2019 VR Headset support

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Crow T. Robot and Hillmeister , added your upvotes, thank you! :)

• Official Post

Is it likely that the Qculus Quest will be supported by August 2019? I have a large VR presentation I'd like to do with the Oculus Quest? Otherwise, I will have to settle for the Rift S.

No, to be completely frank with you, this is not something going to happen anytime soon. However there are multiple workarounds to still use these standalone HMDs with Enscape - either use a pre-rendered stereo panorama, or as Demian suggested 3rd party tools that allow to stream the rendering output directly to the HMD:

Something which will soon be available for purchase is TPCast Air alongside a modified Oculus Go (the firmware currently needs some modification to work with Air), through which you can actually use Enscape VR itself. You'll only have one controller (instead of the usual two), but you can still navigate around nonetheless using our teleport functionality! TPCast also plans to release their app in the Oculus store, which once approved by Oculus would not require a Oculus Go firmware modification in the first place, so you could just use any existing Go device with Enscape.

• I've been testing Oculus Quest / Shadow Cloud / Virtual Desktop / Enscape. This uses an external cloud server (Shadow) to stream to the HMD - the results are very promising, however there still is some lag, and the navigation in VR needs some calibration. I ran tests using a very large .exe-model exported from Enscape, with maximum rendering quality. The Shadow cloud uses a GTX 1080, and this was pushed to it's max capability - with lower graphics settings, the lag was reduced significantly. I had an average latency of about 80 ms (which is still too much).

With attention to constructing the model in an optimized fashion, I believe this could very well could work. The same setup is used to stream high-end PC-games to the Quest (which works fine). Compared to the ALVR-setup discussued previously in this thread, I think this works better and is more flexible (doesn't require a gaming PC/laptop), only fast internet and WiFi. However, the setup process is quite comprehensive. But this seems to be possible, and a total game-changer.

@Enscape - you should host our own cloud server with some powerful GPU's :D

• Official Post

Vridge + StreamVR works perfect with my Oculus quest!

After upgrade the router (I use AT&T router before) and WIFI receiver the VR quality runs great.

Glad to hear that and welcome to our forum! :) Not even some slight lagging / delay compared to using the quest without being connected to a full sized machine?

• With 1.3 GB per second (actually higher I believe) the speed of 5G router the image in head set works perfect. So the key is router speed. before I use AT&T router the lagging was horrible...impossible to present. Now we have awesome wireless VR presentation. No tail for our client, no need laser sensor set up these two small box bring a lot of limitation.

Looks like if we have 5G telecom net work in city we probably can run the VR every where from cloud.

• Official Post

With 1.3 GB per second (actually higher I believe) the speed of 5G router the image in head set works perfect. So the key is router speed. before I use AT&T router the lagging was horrible...impossible to present. Now we have awesome wireless VR presentation. No tail for our client, no need laser sensor set up these two small box bring a lot of limitation.

Looks like if we have 5G telecom net work in city we probably can run the VR every where from cloud.

That sounds fantastic. Thanks for the further feedback. :)

• Official Post

After some advice regarding headset selection. Just tried a vive today with enscape and still found the quality a tad low res. Whats the best experience people of had headset wise? HP reverb? Pimax? or will the vive cosmos be worthwile wait?

jgould , if the HTC Vive is giving you a too "low res" experience, and you have a powerful graphics card installed in your system, you may also want to try up scaling the resolution a bit:

So instead of 100%, you could set it to 150% for example. Instead, if you're strictly interested in having a higher resolution experience, you could also go for the HTC Vive Pro for example, or wait for the HTC Vive Cosmos which seems to also seems to have a higher-res display compared to the "normal" Vive.

As mentioned by Lucas Cunningham , it also depends on the use case / priorities though.

• jgould , if the HTC Vive is giving you a too "low res" experience, and you have a powerful graphics card installed in your system, you may also want to try up scaling the resolution a bit:

So instead of 100%, you could set it to 150% for example. Instead, if you're strictly interested in having a higher resolution experience, you could also go for the HTC Vive Pro for example, or wait for the HTC Vive Cosmos which seems to also seems to have a higher-res display compared to the "normal" Vive.

As mentioned by Lucas Cunningham , it also depends on the use case / priorities though.

One thing is panel resolution, another is how good are the optics.. Rift S is the same resolution as the HTC Vive pro, but with way better optics/sweetspot/price.

In my experience the reverb is on another lvl (image wise), Rift S is best of the rest.

• Official Post

One thing is panel resolution, another is how good are the optics.. Rift S is the same resolution as the HTC Vive pro, but with way better optics/sweetspot/price.

In my experience the reverb is on another lvl (image wise), Rift S is best of the rest.

I can definitely agree on the optics part playing a huge role - but, the HTC Vive Pro actually has a higher screen resolution compared to the Rift S. I don't have them both here to directly compare, so the Rift S may subjectively still offer a better overall image quality, even though the resolution is a bit lower. Maybe you'll also simply get the chance to try both (or any other supported VR headset you're interested in) Lucas Cunningham , to see which one you'd prefer.