2.6 and future development agendas - UI management suggestions

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Demian, the planned functionalities for 2.6 sound really awesome. I am intrigued though with the approach for the Setting UI getting split into separate UI.

In my case, I have two 24 inch monitors, and it is common to have multiple programs running at the same time, usually SketchUp, Enscape, Photoshop and MS Outlook, plus any Window Explorer windows with project directory files showing so I may track the work I am doing and sharing with colleagues and clients. My screen real estate gets pretty crowded very quickly.

One of the challenges I face is trying to keep some sort of order in front of me on the screen while working. When trying different design ideas in Enscape it is common for me to keep Setting, Materials and Assets open, and I am constantly sliding windows out of the way to find what I need.

Have you given any thoughts to the possibility of including a window management option where any setting, material, asset UI's may be collected under one "tray" or "tabbed tray" similar to/or better than SketchUp or Revit?

• Official Post

Thanks for the feedback mannyl , would you like to have this "tray" in the Enscape viewport itself? Or outside, so all these windows would just be bundled up outside? :) You can also gladly add any further details / feedback you like and then I'll file it as a dedicated feature request accordingly. ;)

• I think it would work best as a separate tray or container a-la-Photoshop for example. So we could open only the ones we need at the moment and collapse those we may need at some other time. But the tools/settings/Assets/Materials are always just one click away.

AutoCAD for example has three or four "Tabs" that collect to the left or right side of your screen, and expand only when you mouse hovers revealing all the necessary adjustment options for each one toolbox category.

When you are in the middle of designing a site or a building complex the last thing you want to do is having to click two or three times to find the tool you need (especially late at night after a long day).

• Official Post

I think it would work best as a separate tray or container a-la-Photoshop for example. So we could open only the ones we need at the moment and collapse those we may need at some other time. But the tools/settings/Assets/Materials are always just one click away.

AutoCAD for example has three or four "Tabs" that collect to the left or right side of your screen, and expand only when you mouse hovers revealing all the necessary adjustment options for each one toolbox category.

When you are in the middle of designing a site or a building complex the last thing you want to do is having to click two or three times to find the tool you need (especially late at night after a long day).

Thanks a lot! I'll forward your feedback accordingly. :)

• Official Post

Still waiting it is possible to change loading screen for wen standalone.

Thanks.

Be assured that your voice has already added an upvote to the feature request on our agenda. ;) We're aware of the demand for this implementation!