asset library 'unknown command'

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hello, I've updated to 2.5.1.9 but my enscape toolbars are previous versions (see screenshot). There is no button for the new material editor and the asset library has never worked. It returns this error:

Unknown command: OpenAssetLibraryBrowserCommand

I have a feeling that even though enscape install says successfully installed, the newer versions are not actually installing. please advise.

• Official Post

Hey @jh0st , in the first instance, could you kindly completely re-install Enscape? Sent you a link to download the latest release again. In case you've already tried that, please kindly let me know - in that case, briefly send in a feedback report as described here. :) Also add your forum name in the submission form so that we know it's from you!

• Hello Demian Gutberlet

I 'solved' the issue and I hope this might help for others having the same problem. After uninstalling enscape and deleting its folder in the %appdata% folder, I reset the rhino toolbars to default (even with enscape uninstalled the old versions of the toolbars show up but the buttons of course don't work).

Then I did a fresh install of enscape and all the new toolbars showed up with full functionality. probably a bug with the way rhino handles toolbars as I found this solution in another plugin's forum (visualarq). Maybe something that enscape however can try to address in the way it installs updates as resetting toolbars is kind of a pain, especially if you've 'crafted' them.

Thanks,

• Official Post

I'll definitely keep that in mind jh0st , thank you so much for sharing this.. will also be forwarded to our developers - maybe they have further insight why this is happening and/or can implement a solution for this. Again, thanks and glad to hear it works now. :)

• Official Post

jh0st and microinspire , our developer got back to me and he stated, that there is a technical limitation for all Rhino plugins, when the toolbar is dragged into the main toolbar, so not docked but in another toolbar, we lose the "ownership" i.e. we can not update or change them anymore.

So in this case, as has been mentioned before, simply delete all toolbars, install Enscape again to resolve this. :)