Interior lighting vs exterior sun - overexposure

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hello - I need some advice on how to handle this. Its just like with a real camera, standing inside and taking a picture looking towards a bright exterior. I've played with the exposure brightness but when I set it so low that the exterior looks ok, the interior is too dark (and visa versa). The snapshot of the Sketchup view shows (2) rectangle lights at ceiling level, both set at 10,000 lm. What else can I try? Thank you, John

• Just like with real world photography...render a shot with the correct interior exposure, even is the outside is blown out. Then render the shot with a negative exposure -2 maybe when the outside is not blown out. Combine them in photoshop.

• Official Post

Hello - I need some advice on how to handle this. Its just like with a real camera, standing inside and taking a picture looking towards a bright exterior. I've played with the exposure brightness but when I set it so low that the exterior looks ok, the interior is too dark (and visa versa). The snapshot of the Sketchup view shows (2) rectangle lights at ceiling level, both set at 10,000 lm. What else can I try? Thank you, John

In that case I advice adjusting your scene through the "Highlights" and/or "Shadows" slider which you find in the Image tab of our Enscape Settings. That should help already.

On top of that you could also reduce the "Sun Brightness" in the Atmosphere tab as well, but please be aware that your light sources will generally not be really visible during daytime since the sun is just too bright, as it would be in the real world. But, as far as I can see you only used them to light up the interior? :)

Let me know in case the above doesn't help.