BUG: Surface from Layouts shows up in enscape

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
    • Official Post

See image here:

The surface on the render is from a picture on a layout.

I wasn't able to reproduce this just yet - any chance you could briefly send over the project itself? If it's confidential, you can of course send me the download link via PM instead. :)

• Official Post

Done

Thanks a lot! I'll file a bug report for this behavior accordingly since I was able to reproduce it. :)

• Official Post

My apologies for never getting back to you. I would love to troubleshoot this once more since after those years we have switched the system the I cannot find the bug anymore - back then, our developers were not able to find out the cause behind this problem, but I will escalate this once more to find a solution. Would you be so very kind as so send me the project again? You can upload it to wetransfer.com for example and send me the link via a DM.

• Official Post

You can recreate it yourself, add a picture to a layout and then enter enscape, the photo will be visible in enscape.

I'll get back to you as soon as I have any further news - our developers will be looking into this! If there is anything else in the meantime let me know of course please.

• I'll get back to you as soon as I have any further news - our developers will be looking into this! If there is anything else in the meantime let me know of course please.

Have they looked into this? It's been two years. And as far as the cause goes, I bet it has something to do with not using the proper RDK... again.

It's seriously disheartening when all of the issues that I've reported haven't had any progress in two years or more.

• Official Post

Have they looked into this? It's been two years. And as far as the cause goes, I bet it has something to do with not using the proper RDK... again.

It's seriously disheartening when all of the issues that I've reported haven't had any progress in two years or more.

I'm really sorry to disappoint you - Unfortunately when it was looked into a while ago it was not really something easy to resolve straight away due to technical reasons but I will escalate this further. I can of course understand the frustration, and I will also get into a discussion again when it comes to Enscape using the requested RDK in the future. As for now I'm sure you read what our Developers stated in the corresponding thread about that, and I know of course that this isn't ideal for you at the moment.

• when it was looked into a while ago it was not really something easy to resolve straight away due to technical reasons

And so it was removed from the to do list?

As for now I'm sure you read what our Developers stated in the corresponding thread about that

The developers have been very silent for well over a year as far as I can tell? see:

rheinason - just to update you, as the developer, even though on leave, answered my request for an update.

He said that McNeal won't fix the issue that we reported until the next major Rhino release. So in this regard we are waiting on McNeal. The developer will follow this up once they are back from leave, and we will then update you again as to the status. Thanks for your patience.

Cause this promise of an update is nowhere to be seen? The VisualARQ team have offered their hand more than once to help.

• Official Post

rheinason , I know that my response is not really satisfying, and so I also just had another talk with our product management team:

To tell you the truth. we know we have a couple of gaps in our Enscape support for Rhino functionality wise. And so far we have not run a dedicated analysis internally and therefore have not been able to define the development requirements for our Developers yet. Again, this will probably not make you happy but all I can say for now that it's still something we're looking into it and I'm sorry that it's been taking so long. You can be assured that this isn't something we simply have forgotten, but it's not the top of our priorities either, for now.

That is the current state with its details.

• To tell you the truth. we know we have a couple of gaps in our Enscape support for Rhino functionality wise. And so far we have not run a dedicated analysis internally and therefore have not been able to define the development requirements for our Developers yet. Again, this will probably not make you happy but all I can say for now that it's still something we're looking into it and I'm sorry that it's been taking so long. You can be assured that this isn't something we simply have forgotten, but it's not the top of our priorities either, for now.

That is the current state with its details.

Hi, You've had a couple of months, have you looked into it enough yet? No update? I can't understand how this isn't pretty high up on your priorities! This is basic functionality that you simply wont support. Any new functionality gets cheapened by your lack of supporting already built in Rhino functionality. It seems like 95% of all of your rhino issues would go away by switching over. VisualARQ support, Lands Support, Pipe Modifier, Edge Softening Modifiers, all the other geometric modifiers, all of these issues would be resolved.

• Official Post

rheinason , I can of course totally understand your frustration (and/or the frustration of other Rhino users in this Forum when it comes to this subject). I really wish I could share more about this topic yet by now, but at the moment we're still in the process of evaluating the complaints and reported missing features from Rhino users, especially from this Forum - Yes, it may take a while longer until changes will be added, but it's still not something which will simply be forgotten or anything.

You'll also be the first person I'll gladly reach out to once I have any further news/updates to share hopefully soon.

• Official Post

rheinason , thank you for your patience - Just to let you know as promised, this behavior has been successfully tackled and will now be resolved within our next upcoming Enscape preview 5. This version should be coming out rather soon as well, so stay tuned for the announcement in our "News&FAQ" section. I will also notify you again here in this thread though!