Oculus Quest

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

ArchuCAD , dedicated support for the Oculus Quest has been requested before and we're certainly aware of the demand for this. Since the Oculus Quest is a standalone device though, we'll have to implement support for it accordingly still, meaning it will not work from the get go since the Quest cannot be connected to a machine to utilize Enscape VR in the first place.

In any case, the topic to support it on our agenda received a further upvote! :)

• Official Post

Is there by any chance a predicted timeline for when we can expect the support for the Oculus Quest?

Not yet Cas , but your upvote will be added to the topic on our agenda. :)

• I've just received my Oculus Quest and have tested it for a few hours in a large open space.... I just want to say....

IT WAS AWESOME!:love:

I can so imagine bring a bunch of clients, put the quest on them and they can walk around in true roomscale VR.

The image quality and ease of use, plus NO PC needed really makes this the most exciting VR headset for us who wants to bring VR into a conference room! The cost and convenience without needing a VR-ready laptop really makes this economically possible for multiple users!

C'mon Enscape, get cracking on it PLEASE! It will change the VR business landscape entirely.:)

• Official Post

Waycool , the Quest is really awesome indeed. It's nice to have no cables hanging around and still the performance/graphics are quiet good, but the more complex games are of course heavily optimized to work with the included smartphone hardware. In turn they are also kind of simplified. :)

When it would come to Enscape standalones being executable on the Quest, especially larger projects would become complicated to render fluently to also avoid any nausea. But, despite that, I can imagine that there (will be / are) streaming applications which will allow a dedicated machine to be connected to the Quest to run Enscape. No promises of course yet, but the future does indeed look very bright when it comes to VR in general!

Also added your vote to the dedicated topic on our agenda to support the Quest.

• I've been doing some investigation into the Quest this weekend - and from what I've been reading - Demian is right on the money (re: optimisation) - and we should all avoid getting too excited about untethered too soon - as there remains a clear bias toward flatter, stylistic, visuals (read: low-to-no textures) - which whilst not necessarily an issue in (our) early stage, city-size, masterplanning form-finding "experiences" - the (still-quite lowly) Snapdragon 835 will quickly fall short come the time to fire up models featuring any significant use of detailed textures and RPC veg. content.

I mean, lets be pragmatic, some folk are still finding they need to throw last-gen Titans & RTX rigs to power their runarounds - so expecting an all-in-one priced @£400 to come up par, is a daydream.

• Waycool , the Quest is really awesome indeed. It's nice to have no cables hanging around and still the performance/graphics are quiet good, but the more complex games are of course heavily optimized to work with the included smartphone hardware. In turn they are also kind of simplified. :)

When it would come to Enscape standalones being executable on the Quest, especially larger projects would become complicated to render fluently to also avoid any nausea. But, despite that, I can imagine that there (will be / are) streaming applications which will allow a dedicated machine to be connected to the Quest to run Enscape. No promises of course yet, but the future does indeed look very bright when it comes to VR in general!

Also added your vote to the dedicated topic on our agenda to support the Quest.

Tested wireless pc streaming to the quest, using ALVR. Worked pretty great, a litte latency, thats it

• Official Post

My boss constantly asking me to refresh Enscape website to see if you are supporting Oculus quest.

I'm afraid, Oculus Quest support will not happen any time soon. As stated above, you could use something like ALVR (which we don't officially support though) to stream Enscape into the Quest, but generally, the hardware would just not be capable enough for larger projects.

There'll be a lot more powerful standalone headsets coming in the future - I don't see a reason why we wouldn't support them eventually in some form. But right now, there is no standalone headset which could fully give you a decent Enscape VR experience.

• I'm afraid, Oculus Quest support will not happen any time soon. As stated above, you could use something like ALVR (which we don't officially support though) to stream Enscape into the Quest, but generally, the hardware would just not be capable enough for larger projects.

There'll be a lot more powerful standalone headsets coming in the future - I don't see a reason why we wouldn't support them eventually in some form. But right now, there is no standalone headset which could fully give you a decent Enscape VR experience.

Would there be a way to port the web uploads to something like the Oculus Quest?

• stephenocalleps I had some luck with this method on the Oculus Go:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Its a little clunky, but I did have it working briefly. I would periodically get stuck in the floor when Enscape is running in VR.

• Official Post

Would there be a way to port the web uploads to something like the Oculus Quest?

Pardon for the delayed response - this may be possible in the future, but right now there is no way to achieve that. Let alone due to the fact that the Web Standalones do not support any VR controllers yet.

Is the Oculus Quest still a no go with Enscape? ??

Check out what Ted.Vitale posted, and also check out this thread here for further information regarding which software can be used to stream Enscape VR into the Quest. Also, welcome to our forum! :)

• I used the Oculus quest, with the riftcat app, and It works with enscape. But the video quality was not good. You need to have a 5 ghz wifi network and a really fast computer and video card ( I have a gtx 980), maybe that's the reason why it didn't worked well, but it's great to see the future of VR technology, without cables. I love Enscape. I used to make VR apps with Unreal Engine 4, but it takes a lot of time. With Enscape is very very fast. It would be great if in the future Enscape will give total support for the Oculus Quest. Thanks !!

• Virtualstudiolab - thanks for the information. I would imagine your GPU is playing a negative part in the quality not being the best, but the fact that you have provided other users information about the riftcat app will be useful to other users for sure. So thanks. In regards to Enscape supporting the Oculus Quest, I think it's been mentioned before in the forums, that this might not officially happen for some time, despite a number of users claiming good experiences when using other 3rd party streaming applications to push the data between Enscape and the Oculus HMD.

• Pete Chamberlain  Demian Gutberlet

Hi Pete, Demian,

From the perspective of a manufacturer of building products, a wireless VR experience presents a compelling opportunity to demonstrate products virtually (in a sales presentation) to architects.

We make architectural lighting - while small product samples are used, most architectural products present challenges to visualize (due to light emission, or scale).

Enscape looks great and I'm eager to work more in the platform!!

I can't stress enough that wireless VR (like Oculus Quest) is a game changer. While there is a potential for digital sales only, the scenarios I imagine are in person presentations where our team can bring wireless VR (Oculus Quest) to an office without extensive setup, wires, wifi networks, etc. In order to bring the experience to others, we'd be willing to sacrifice quality for portability.

Hoping you can upvote support of the platform and provide your community with any potential roadmap which shows support of this platform.

Thanks

Theo

• richards79 - Don't get me wrong, we fully understand the impact and advantages that Wireless VR brings, that is not in question. However, the computing power needed to run Enscape remains, at this point, unchanged, and the simple reality is that the Quest or the Go just don't have the computing power to run Enscape. Streaming is definitely do-able though, as several users here on the forums have already discovered. We are still reviewing whether that means we can directly support the Quest, as to get it to work well with Enscape, 3rd party propriety software needs to be used. All I can say is that other users have had success using Enscape in this way.