Oculus Quest

• So currently which is the best option for the best VR output, Keeping it wired or wireless - for enscape.

1)To showcase to client

2)To Work

In a fixed setting I am very happy with the performance of my Vive Pro with wireless adapter. No cables to worry about or clients getting tangled up.

At client locations I am trying the Oculus Quest streaming wirelessly from the laptop. Thanks to the inside out tracking there is no need for basestations and cables and stuff. Much easier and faster to deploy. Unfortunately the trigger button does not work as it should. Enscape is currently looking into it. This would be the ideal solution.

• So currently which is the best option for the best VR output, Keeping it wired or wireless - for enscape.

1)To showcase to client

2)To Work

Really depends on your preferences, too, but the Oculus Rift S is a great wired and affordable solution right now, but some may prefer the HTC Vive Pro for example since the display has a bit of an higher resolution - still, you could argue that the Rift S is probably more comfortable and if you don't have at least a GTX 1080 Ti or better yet, a RTX 2070 for example, the Rift S is probably the better solution.

If you want to go "all out" though, maybe wait until HTC Vive Cosmos is being officially supported by Enscape - this device may offer the best VR experience to date, but we haven't yet tried it our ourselves. In this case though we'd also recommend at least a capable RTX card like the 2080 for example to be able to use the high resolution (2880 x 1700) of the headset.

Overall, if your hardware consists of at least a GTX 1080 or GTX 1080 Ti and you don't plan on upgrading anytime soon, go for the Rift S. We can definitely tell you that it works with Enscape like a charm!

If you want to use a VR device with Enscape completely wireless, check out annevanzwol's reply above! ;)

• Hey, is there any info out there yet for Oculus Link? We have Oculus Quest

There is some news from Facebook/Oculus, the Link came out of Beta today. Release info
    These small/light (wireless?) headsets are much better for Arch-Viz (As opposed to 120hz 6dof gamer headsets)
    Enscape team is actively developing for new devices, however there is some risk they will overlook Quest + Link & others.

• In a fixed setting I am very happy with the performance of my Vive Pro with wireless adapter. No cables to worry about or clients getting tangled up.

At client locations I am trying the Oculus Quest streaming wirelessly from the laptop. Thanks to the inside out tracking there is no need for basestations and cables and stuff. Much easier and faster to deploy. Unfortunately the trigger button does not work as it should. Enscape is currently looking into it. This would be the ideal solution.

Hey I got myself the Quest but, I don't really get how you stream it? I mean I can stream my desktop, but I can't fully walk around like I would with the rift am I right?

• Hey I got myself the Quest but, I don't really get how you stream it? I mean I can stream my desktop, but I can't fully walk around like I would with the rift am I right?

With Virtual Desktop (sideloaded version) you can run SteamVr via wifi from your laptop/PC to your Quest with full 6DOF movement. Just make sure to use 5GHz wifi so you have enough bandwidth. There is little bit of lag so not suitable for Beat Saber but for Enscape perfectly fine. The only thing is that the Quest controller trigger button doesn’t work properly in Enscape. The viewer can not teleport. In the 2.7 preview version this should be solved.