SUN and his color

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I have recorded your request, but consider the following:

Firstly, our sun and sky is modeled after the real sky and all colors should be accurate, like in the real world. Second if you really dislike the color of the sun, you can also use a HDRI sky. I have some reasonably interesting visual effects with HRDI probes from indoor lighting.

• I have recorded your request, but consider the following:

Firstly, our sun and sky is modeled after the real sky and all colors should be accurate, like in the real world. Second if you really dislike the color of the sun, you can also use a HDRI sky. I have some reasonably interesting visual effects with HRDI probes from indoor lighting.

but i have a problem with direct light aka SUN its too reddish or yellowish to me and i dont care if it is based on real observation or not

i just need to change color to my taste , do u understand what i really want ? i dont want fight with you .....

• I understand you want to reduce the color intensity of the sunset to be less red and more white. Have you tried working with the sun intensity slider, does that improve your issue?

• nope

i need same intensity of the sun lets say 315% but i need some color slider to change that color of sun light , for example 3ds max has something simillar /ofc for direct light not for a sun/ and color temperature in enscape settings is not what i need . i need to tone down ONLY SUN color .

i need to neutralize sun color if i want ....

• +1

Our principals prefer the scenes to be lit with white light. In early stage, when the model has no materials yet, we use a low saturation value (50% or less) which makes the sun look white. They love it.

The problem comes in later stages, when we start to introduce materials, desaturating the image is no longer a viable option.

A color picker for the sun would give a lot of artistic control. We tried skyboxes, but the problem is we cannot position the sun easily with these (only rotates horizontally but not vertically).

I can provide images as references to the Enscape team but not on the forum due to nda.

• Pieter In your case you may achieve the desired effect by using a white image as sky. Alternatively you may achieve some reasonable results by using a "indoor" HDRI, such as https://hdrihaven.com/hdri/?c=indoor&h=studio_small_02 You may want to have "white background" on since the actual background may look confusing.

• Is this not 98% of what you want?

To do this, I took this studio HDRI: https://hdrihaven.com/hdri/?c=studio&h=studio_small_05

I increased the brightness of the skybox and got this result with materials:

There is still some residual color from the materials emitting light, but the basic light influx is almost white. The studio lamp appears not to be white, so you may want to look around for a better one. Finally you probably want to use white background, since the studio looks odd. I noticed that increasing the highlight and shadow made the image look better but also more artificial.

As I wrote you in the PM, we are looking into improving our environment (sky, background & sun), I added your use case to the feature request. Maybe we can make this option work out of the box.

• Hey Sean,

I appreciate your advise!

We tried the hdri approach a while back, even made some custom hdri's, but we really missed the Enscape realistic sun path system.

- It's a big advantage for design review to be able to see how the sun will travel on a certain day, and see direct sun shadows (when will the sun come in through the office, how low will the sun be , ...). This really influences our design approach.

- Having the ability to move the sun (time of day) through a walkthrough is very well received by our clients.

- We also use this in our videos to do timelapses.

All these options go out of the window when you start using hdri's.

Also, we felt, that the quality of the lighting was better when we used Enscape native lighting system vs hdri's (although that might be no longer true, or might be due to the quality of the hdri).

I realize there are a lot of requests, all competing for developer time. That said, I'll keep my fingers crossed you guys find a way (and the time) to let us turn off sun coloring (or override with a color) :)