Reflection cutoff distance

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi Enscape Team,

What is the cutoff distance for reflections, for example in glass? I'm noticing a cutoff where objects beyond a certain distance will not be reflected. Any help you have on this would be great.

Thank you!

• Certain reflections are not 100% accurate at Enscape. Our goal is to make hide those optimizations so that you do not notice them, so that the most visible reflections are always accurate.

Note: please be sure to use version 2.0, there were big improvements regarding reflections.

• Are you at least on quality level High? This should make most reflection approximations invisible - but there still might be some potential for improvement. You can try to lower the geometric complexity of the reflected objects as a workaround. Objects are not included in reflections if they are considered to be too expensive to show there.

We appreciate your report and will try to improve it in the future. Providing us with your project file would make it even easier for us.

• Thanks Thomas,

I am on at least high and use ultra often as well. Your comment "You can try to lower the geometric complexity of the reflected objects as a workaround. Objects are not included in reflections if they are considered to be too expensive to show there." You're saying I can replace geometry with non objects and the reflections should render?

I would love to provide a file for you and your awesome team, how can I do that?

Thanks again.