I can't perform the action

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Hey cobenliao , thanks for your post and welcome to our forum. :)

In this case, can you please visit this Microsoft page and install the missing C++VisualRedistributable2015 file?

Kindly let me know in case this does not resolve your problem.

• Official Post

Hey cobenliao , any chance you're trying to run a .exe standalone actually? If so, could you kindly make sure that the standalone(s) have been exported from the latest version of Enscape? If not, or in case you're not sure, then kindly re-export them again using our latest release:

How can I make sure that my Enscape is up to date?

Thank you in advance! Let me know in case they cannot be opened afterward, or in case you're actually not trying to run a standalone.

• Having the same issue with attempting to run older standalone .exe's from June of 2018. For frustrating reasons, I cannot re-export these drawings. Re-installing visual C++ 2015 fails out since there is a newer version already installed.

Is there any loopholes to get older .exe's working again?

• I've updated to Enscape 2.7 as well, with the MS Visual C++2015-2019 Runtime 14.24.28127.4 installed and some of our older exe's also error out with INstaller Exit Code: 1638.

• Having the same Installer ExitCode 1638 problem with standalone .exe on both, computer with Enscape installed and computer without Enscape installed. The computer without Enscape has numerous versions of Visual C++ installed.

• This is a major oversight. It's really important that we are able to open older standalone files so we can showcase what we've done previously. It's not always possible to re-export from the source models. I'm guessing this isn't something which can be easily fixed if the newer C++ package is needed for 2.7 to run, so for now we'll need to make sure we have a machine which doesn't have the latest version of Enscape installed. Not ideal!

• Official Post

I'll re-discuss this internally once more - at the moment, the only option which should always help is re-exporting through our latest release, but I'll get back to you in case there is anything else we can do in this regard.

• this just bit us pretty bad. some users had installed 2.7 only to find out they couldn't render more complex models in it so we rolled them back to 2.5. Now when they make exe. they cant play them. We are now having to decide how to fix this problem. IE do all machines need to roll back C++ and enscape to be safe? we know we need better graphics cards but we can't replace at this time. Any suggestions are welcome.

• My company is running into the same issue. Enscape walkthroughs exported as .exe files that were made with older versions cannot be opened and return with the error mentioned by the original poster. Any walkthroughs that were exported as Web Standalones to the cloud do not have any issue and can be accessed even following an Enscape upgrade. Is there any way to access the older .exe files without re-rendering in Revit?

• Official Post

My company is running into the same issue. Enscape walkthroughs exported as .exe files that were made with older versions cannot be opened and return with the error mentioned by the original poster. Any walkthroughs that were exported as Web Standalones to the cloud do not have any issue and can be accessed even following an Enscape upgrade. Is there any way to access the older .exe files without re-rendering in Revit?

I'm very afraid, the only real solution would be to create the them once more. The alternative of uninstalling newer versions of the C++ redistributables is not reccomended as this can cause issues in the system itself.

• my company has the same problem since 2 days, before everything was fine.

We can´t showcase to any customer now anymore.

Please send the solution for this, the old files for recreating seem to be not available.

• Official Post

my company has the same problem since 2 days, before everything was fine.

We can´t showcase to any customer now anymore.

Please send the solution for this, the old files for recreating seem to be not available.

I'm sorry to hear about that - as mentioned above the only real solution would be re-creating those standalone files through our latest release. This is not only related to the C++ redistributables installed, but also to the graphics card drivers at hand, which is why there is no real solution to this, besides re-creating them. Hopefully there is some way to still find the old initial project(s).

• the solution is to reinstall or delete manually the Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 that you have installed, just the versions 14.0.24.28127 that Enscape tries to install when .exe is opening.

In my case AutoCAD 2021 installed the redistributable 2015 and I received same error than you afterwards, because it was necessary to restart the system to be able to use the redistributable.

• Hi

Stumbled on to the post. I didn't want to uninstall the current version on latest W10 and try to avoid unintended consequences.

This solution worked for me. This is not a factory sanctioned solution. Just ran into it and figured out the work-around. Use it at your own risk.

1. Run the EXE file and let the error pop-up. DO NOT DISMISS THE ERROR
    2. Open File Explorer and in the address bar type %TEMP% and press Enter to browse to the current user's TEMP folder. (I redirect my TEMP to C:\TEMP as the image shows, hence typing %TEMP% will ALWAYS work on any machine)
    3. Sort by Date and COPY the EnscapeStandalone_xxxxxx.osr folder to another folder location.
    4. Dismiss the EXE error to delete the temp folders
    5. Open the Otherfolder\EnscapeStandalone_xxxxxx.os\Bin64 folder and launch the EnscapeClient.exe file.
    6. Enjoy the presentation. :thumbsup:

• Hi Demian Gutberlet and the Enscape Team!

Firstly I/we really enjoy the product and we use Enscape across all our offices on a daily basis, but...!
    -Have you figured a workable fix out, that does not include re-rolling an old Enscape version or having to re-create a .exe-file?

We, like many other users, use the stand-alone files as stage documentation for both design history and quality assurance especially for our larger projects that stretches over several years.

For these kind of projects our Revit-files evolves over time why it makes no sense to re-create a stand-alone file later in the project, because it doesn't look like it did years back.

Further more it is rather time consuming wanting to downgrade both Revit and Enscape to create a new .exe-file at a given point in time - and there are typically no extra resources (money) left on the project at that time for such a task either.

We do also supply some of our clients with a stand-alone file that they want to use internally communication who also will be affected by this general issue.

Cheers