VR GPU

• Which GPU 0

1. 1080ti (0) 0%
    2. 2080 (0) 0%
    3. 2080ti (0) 0%

Hi, Im using a 1070 and I have some quality issues with night scenes, the shadows arent nice enough and there is some pixeling in the scene in general.

I mostly do VR and renders or videos are secondary.

I plan to upgrade my GPU if that solve those problems im having.

My 3 options are 1080ti, 2080 and 2080ti, does it worth buying the 2080ti or buy any of the others and upgrade it sooner? Or the 2080ti really improves the VR that much to really be the only choice?

• Hi, Im using a 1070 and I have some quality issues with night scenes, the shadows arent nice enough and there is some pixeling in the scene in general.

I mostly do VR and renders or videos are secondary.

First I would check will a better GPU the solution? If Enscape doesn't provide enough samples for still images than it will be the same at the new card too.

For a smooth VR frame rate the 2080ti should be the best deal.

• The 2080 and 2080ti would allow you to also make use of the new RTX technology, which is now available in our latest preview already. As Micha mentioned, the 2080ti would of course provide the most fluent VR experience, especially in larger projects. When it comes to the shadow and pixelation subject, is there any chance you could a share screenshot of that briefly? :)

Some of the pixelation at night scenes is usual, since the lights are being adjusted to the scene in real-time, thus some artifacts can appear. They should disappear or lessen though when standing still. Again, a screenshot would be nice.

• The cards listed on the left here will in fact be able to make use of ray tracing, albeit with a low ray count. So they will also be supported by Enscape, although you won't have the same quality compared to the actual new RTX cards.

We generally still have to gain experience on how well the "old" Nvidia cards perform with the RTX functionalities - it may well be that the non-RTX implementation on these cards is faster.

• Demian Gutberlet Is there a way to check is the RTX feature used or not? For example I found if my system card is a 1080ti, but I have two 2080ti build in for rendering too, than Windows is automatic using 2080ti for example for Rhino also. Also I have seen there is 2080ti GPU power used for Enscape in this case, but I'm not sure the RTX feature is used. Or could it be tested by a simple test scene?

• Alexander Devaykin   Demian Gutberlet

Maybe interesting to know - I have 2x2080ti and a 1080ti at my system. The 1080ti is for display use, but if the general OpenGL is set to automatic than Rhino and Enscape are using the 2080ti.

Also I tried to set Rhino to 1080ti use and Enscape to 2080ti - it works. So, I can use the max memory of the 2080ti for V-Ray rendering or I'm working per Enscape and it is using the 2080ti. All the system display can be focused to the 1080ti.

So, no matter where the best card of a machine is placed, it can be used for Enscape.