SteamVR + Enscape - Do we need this

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • At my architectural firm we use enscape with clients and designers as a one stop shop for all visualization and space planning. We have been using virtual reality (VR) alot over the past 8 months and really have a hard time getting people on Steam accounts and simplifying the process with our clients

Headset preferred choice (currently have 12 units): HP Windows Mixed Reality (1st Gen) and 2 HP Reverbs

Enscape... is there a way to override the need for Steam and all its utilities? Ideal situation would be when you hit VR on enscape it launches in the headset without launching steamVR

• CampCots As noted on the other thread, we currently need SteamVR to support Windows Mixed Reality. The technical reason is that we support the Oculus through their API and the Vive through OpenVR, which comes as SteamVR. Windows Mixed Reality API does not expose an easy way to for Enscape to render to the Windows Mixed Reality devices. With Oculus and Vive marking about > 90% of the market share, we would rather make Enscape better in other locations and have you tolerate SteamVR, that to invest a good chunk of time in re-implementing something that kind of already works.

I have recorded a feature request and we will elaborate on it, since Windows Mixed Reality devices are slowly gaining market share.

• CampCots,

I see that you have 2 HP Reverbs, can you please let me know your thoughts on these, is the visual quality as good as they are saying?

Yes, I like the comfort of the headset and visual quality is really awesome - we had purchased 12 of the 'original' and enjoyed not being bound by the lighthouses/sensors so we are used to the setup (same on reverb) the quality is unmatched ( we also have a HTC Vive - not pro cant speak to that ) but that is now collecting dust - they do draw more power than the original MR headsets so our laptops do not work too well with the Reverb so we spec'd two new towers to run Enscape in ULTRAHD on a couple projects and its really fantastic - clients were floored. I have done extensive research for our company - traveled around to different conferences and haven't found a better headset

• CampCots As noted on the other thread, we currently need SteamVR to support Windows Mixed Reality. The technical reason is that we support the Oculus through their API and the Vive through OpenVR, which comes as SteamVR. Windows Mixed Reality API does not expose an easy way to for Enscape to render to the Windows Mixed Reality devices. With Oculus and Vive marking about > 90% of the market share, we would rather make Enscape better in other locations and have you tolerate SteamVR, that to invest a good chunk of time in re-implementing something that kind of already works.

I have recorded a feature request and we will elaborate on it, since Windows Mixed Reality devices are slowly gaining market share.

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your response I understand - It can be difficult to corral all the hardware and software that drives such a massive technology

Keep me posted if you hear otherwise