Export VR type size vs Web VR type size

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • When I try to post a WEB-based VR, Enscape stops and notes it is over 500MB, BUT the odd thing is when I take the same Revit file and export the VR to an EXE, the file is only 217MB?

1- Why won't the web type complete if the exe is only 217MB?

2- Is there a way to upload the completed 217MB exe to the web type? (We are trying to share this with Owner who is out of town)

Your help is appreciated--

• Hello New_learning

I guess you mean Enscape for web in general, not exactly VR. Am I right? Enscape with VR in web does not work yet.

1- Why won't the web type complete if the exe is only 217MB?

Exe export produces compressed files. If Enscape tells you that web export is larger than 500 MB, then the uncompressed scene file is larger than 500 MB.

The limitation is not because we cannot upload compressed file (we do compress before upload), but because browser uncompresses it when launching. Currently browsers won't let applications consume more than 1GB of RAM - web page will simply crash. Having a 500 MB file in browser memory + loading parst of the scene into memory while processing the file can easily consume > 1GB due to how the loading process works. We have some improvements of the loading process planned for the next release 2.6.

2- Is there a way to upload the completed 217MB exe to the web type? (We are trying to share this with Owner who is out of town)

You can simply upload exe to some file sharing platform and let the user download it. The user, however, will need a PC capable to run Enscape.

• Alexander Devaykin,

Thank you so much for your response, this is helpful.

You are correct I did mean "Web-browser-3D walkthrough"

We can use Dropbox

--BUT what we are trying to push is a website format. To explain a little differently, think of what YouTube did for Video format.

People would try to email this MASSIVE video files to each other directly, it never worked and you were never 100% sure if this going to crash my computer?

Once YOUTUBE was established, a person could upload their video to YouTube, you could pass along a tiny 5 KB link in your email for someone to watch. And people could share quickly and safely, with 100,000 people virial viewing in no time.

Trying to do the same with a '3D-Tube', upload and share link.

If Morphosis Architects right now had a link to a '3D-Tube' site showing a 3d walkthrough of their latest lobby design, it would break the internet with number of designers wanting to see it.

** Enscape could be the next 3D format sharing platform- think about it.

Always enjoy using Enscape thank you- New_learning