"Window Caption Text" & other settings @ a "global" level

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • We follow a specific naming standard for our files - and when we export our standalones files they are named accordingly - however, the window displays the source-file name, which is far from ideal.

I know we can change the "Window Caption Text" - but that's a per-preset dialog change (and we employ a large number of presets) so not really ideal.

I can't imagine I'm the first to request this - but might it possible to introduce a "global" level of control, to which ALL presets, on ALL installs, reference, and "pull" settings, so I might assign a global screen-load & watermark, and setting-switch(es, like) "use filename for Window Caption Text"

Thinking, further-down this line of thinking - enabling Enscape to "pull" other settings, like certain (Revit) properties to drive titles, etc (like those found under Project Information) would be a fantastic addition.

• Official Post

Hey snowyweston , thank you very much for your inquiry.

I can't imagine I'm the first to request this - but might it possible to introduce a "global" level of control, to which ALL presets, on ALL installs, reference, and "pull" settings, so I might assign a global screen-load & watermark, and setting-switch(es, like) "use filename for Window Caption Text"

Before I'll file your inquiry accordingly (there seems to have not been a direct request for this yet) , you would also like to be able to change, for example, the "Rendering Quality" in every preset accordingly? As in, that would mean if you change the quality to Draft, every preset would have the Rendering Quality set to Draft as well, or am I misunderstanding something? :)

• Am I understanding that you would want to save some of the 'global' settings as 'project' settings?

Or have a tag in some global settings that is variable depending on the project? (Look for a specification file in the same location as the project file and use the information within it for various settings. If it doesn't exist, use the default.)

It would be nice to have the loading screen populate with the project/client name without having to change it every project. And the default save file location. And any screen overlays... perhaps just the items listed in the "Customization" area of general settings?

(I may be miss-reading it, but there is a parallel request that could work well with this idea: Capture and Customization options)

• Am I understanding that you would want to save some of the 'global' settings as 'project' settings?

Or have a tag in some global settings that is variable depending on the project? (Look for a specification file in the same location as the project file and use the information within it for various settings. If it doesn't exist, use the default.)

It would be nice to have the loading screen populate with the project/client name without having to change it every project. And the default save file location. And any screen overlays... perhaps just the items listed in the "Customization" area of general settings?

On the money!

(presuming an understanding of Revit)

think how addins like Xrev can reach at a (Revit) model's shared parameters to pull - and concatenate - values into file outputs. It would be wonderful if Enscape could do this in the backend, (at a file level) - or, if in the absence of Revit, a manifest file of a kind for the other host modellers to look at stored within a project.

combined with Demian's query/clarification above...

(and presuming an understanding of Autocad)

Something like the world of working with .cui - where "global" rules can be set (practice-wide), with variations and exceptions allowed for, at an increasing level of granularity along the lines of:

>Practice

>>Project

>>>File

>>>>View

At an interface level, simple thinking would be to offer ("Apply to this preset only" & "Apply to All presets") to certain settings... and (wearing my control-freak hat) potentially be locked out by higher-levelled control...

Take the <Capture> tab for example - in our office that's set one way, and one way only, across all our presets. Small gains on time saving mouse-clicks, but big wins from assured consistency.