Borrowing a floating license

• Hi, would it be possible to add functionality to temporarily borrow a floating license as you can with Revit or Navisworks? You can’t always guarantee that there will be an internet connection at the location where you’re presenting. I ran through some VR presentations with a client recently but was stuck with the ‘Check Connection’ and watermark as I couldn’t get online.

• Hi, would it be possible to add functionality to temporarily borrow a floating license as you can with Revit or Navisworks? You can’t always guarantee that there will be an internet connection at the location where you’re presenting. I ran through some VR presentations with a client recently but was stuck with the ‘Check Connection’ and watermark as I couldn’t get online.

I think it would be difficult to borrow a license if you have no internet connection.

Enscape uses a seat of your floating license if you start Enscape, this requires a internet connection. Afterwards you're able to run Enscape 24 hours without an existing internet connection.

If this doesn't fit your needs, I would recommend you to purchase a yearly fixed-seat license for your mobile workstation. The fixed seat license allows you to work without an internet connection once you've activated it (via internet).

• I know this is on the development agenda but I want to make sure that you bump it up. It's really a pain in the rear end to not have this feature. I teach at the U of M and often my Enscape license is still active on my home desktop PC and I'm stuck with an unlicensed version on my laptop while teaching. I've loaded a Chrome Remote desktop so I can log into my home workstation and de-activate the license but this is a band aid fix. If we had the ability to just check out the license online like the Rhino zoo license server or Vray license server that would be a simple (for the end user) solution.

• I know this is on the development agenda but I want to make sure that you bump it up. It's really a pain in the rear end to not have this feature. I teach at the U of M and often my Enscape license is still active on my home desktop PC and I'm stuck with an unlicensed version on my laptop while teaching. I've loaded a Chrome Remote desktop so I can log into my home workstation and de-activate the license but this is a band aid fix. If we had the ability to just check out the license online like the Rhino zoo license server or Vray license server that would be a simple (for the end user) solution.

I'll make sure to forward this subject to our developers again - thanks a lot for the feedback. Generally, can you not simply deactivate the license on your home machine before heading to the university? :)

• I'll make sure to forward this subject to our developers again - thanks a lot for the feedback. Generally, can you not simply deactivate the license on your home machine before heading to the university?<<<

Short Answer is this. NO

Longer Answer. I'm working on two house remodel projects, a new ice cream restaurant, a sports bar and grill, a new house (3d model), a Masjid, and preparing lectures for the students and trying to spend time with my family and trying to take care of the house.... Well you get the picture. I've got a lot of other things on my mind and starting up Rhino or Sketchup for the sole purpose of deactivating the license of Enscape is not high on my priority list. When I get to the university and start up Rhino it reminds me that my Rhino license is in use on my desktop machine and would I like to switch it to my laptop... This is an example of software that is written to address the shortcomings of human beings, namely that we forget stuff and often have too many other things going on to deactivate a licens on one of our machines before attempting to use it on another machine. I just Love Enscape and I know your programmers would be capable of creating a floating license or online license server so that we could use our license on other machines as lone as only one license was in use at a time. I do appreciate the question and am not trying to be confrontational. It's just that we are busy people and wouldn't it be great if software engineers came up with a way for us to remain human and forgetful and busy and still have the use of our purchased software license. For now using Chrome Remote desktop will be a bandaid fix.

• Thank you for your response Nvizeon I appreciate it and I do understand - I'm glad you took the time to just make it clear, and I'll add your feedback to the topic on our agenda as well for our developers to see.

• I just creating a post with sort of the same question, but with a simple solution. Can't you just add a checkbox in the About panel with an option which "AUTOMATICALLY DEACTIVATE LICENSE WHEN QUITTING APPLICATION".

This means even if you forgot to deactivate the fixed seat, you can always check you subscription email and copy paste the license onto the machine you are currently running.

• I just creating a post with sort of the same question, but with a simple solution. Can't you just add a checkbox in the About panel with an option which "AUTOMATICALLY DEACTIVATE LICENSE WHEN QUITTING APPLICATION".

This means even if you forgot to deactivate the fixed seat, you can always check you subscription email and copy paste the license onto the machine you are currently running.

yes that would be a "fix". What would be better though is is the license was tied to me with the software checking online for the license and checking it out if a license was available. but I'm sure that would be more complex and your solution would be simpler since the software already has the ability to "deactivate" the license. Making the deactivation on exit an option would be a quick and clean solution.

• yes that would be a "fix". What would be better though is is the license was tied to me with the software checking online for the license and checking it out if a license was available. but I'm sure that would be more complex and your solution would be simpler since the software already has the ability to "deactivate" the license. Making the deactivation on exit an option would be a quick and clean solution.

I'll also add your upvote to the topic, thank you!