texture randomizer

• hi there together...

what about a "render time only texture UV randomizer"...

could hava settings like this from the sketchup plugin, but work only on rendertime and therefore leave components intact :)

> most cad applications would benefit from this too as they are also working always with "components" or "instances" of geometry and use the same mapping over and over what looks weired and annatural in renders....

would be super cool - every option to generate more natural looking stuff is highly appreciated :)

best, franz

ps vote that shit up!!!

Images

win 10 | 2080ti | dual xeon w2687w | 128gig ram | asus mainboard | ssd | htc vive | asus proart 4k monitor

modelling stuff with sketchup, drawing stuff with vectorworks, rendering with cinema4d r20 + corona render & now of course, enscape :)

but best of all > experiencing stuff in VR with enscape !!

• well quite not :)

these are technically different things and also proper use of all these things has different use cases... but hey - why not all three options at some time :)

win 10 | 2080ti | dual xeon w2687w | 128gig ram | asus mainboard | ssd | htc vive | asus proart 4k monitor

modelling stuff with sketchup, drawing stuff with vectorworks, rendering with cinema4d r20 + corona render & now of course, enscape :)

• hi there again - i have tu push this a little :)

and make a note to the devs, -> the "explicit texture transformation" where we can enter the size of the textures, it would be super if the uv axis location could be respected or if there was a checkbox for it... because often i have to mix maps of different sizes for bump/normal and reflection while making use of randomised textures.. but the randomised textures wont help unfortunately with the explicit transformations...

check the attached jpg... with the wood the randomised textures fro sketchup work, the metal does not use the randomised texture coordinatess since there are individual texture with explicit transformation for bump and reflection... would be cool to have the option then the repetative look would have been gone :/

would be super if you could wrap you head aaround this and let me know what and where on a agend this matter will put, if at all :)

best, franz

Images

• hey there again alltogether... i have to bring this up once again at least until i have feedback from enscape team on the topic...

would be nice to know if the devs understand the "problem" and if the proposed solutions are in any way achieveable in a realtime solution like enscape...

would be nice to have some feedback on this!

best, franz