Walkthrough collision "rules"

• I've been finding some inconsistent behaviour (when in walkthrough mode) where I "fall through" elements...

Hands in the air, I/we often re-purpose (Revit) categories for "unintended" use, (roofs for floors as an example) - and we certainly won't be changing our methods to accomodate Enscape; but nonetheless I am still curious how Enscape "decides" what can, and can't, be passed through - to at least see if I might circumnavigate any present limitation rather than wait on an update.

• We currently use a lot of nested generic models in our door families for panels and frames. Can there be some option in a future release to be able to walk through those as well? Right now we need to constantly toggle between walk and fly to go through doors.

• Hello Chris,

I'll be happy to file your question as a feature request for our developers. Is there any chance you could share one such family with us, so we can have a closer look at this? Feel free to send it to support@enscape3d.com

Thank you in advance!

• Hello Chris,

we have moved your post to the desired thread. Thank you very much for sharing the family - we'll have a look at it and let you know in case there's questions, or if we find a solution.

• We are having the same issue with doors (nested door leaf in a door family), and as such we cannot walk through doors unless in fly mode. Just wondering if there has been any further feedback / update from Enscape on this issue?

• Established that the door leaf had been modelled as a generic model so enscape wasn’t recognising it as a door when it was nested into the door frame family. Works fine when the door leaf is also modelled as a door and nested into the door frame family. We’re fairly new to enscape so it wasn’t an issue for us previously (but to be honest was probably poor Revit housekeeping on our part). Going forward this shouldn’t cause us any further issues.

• Established that the door leaf had been modelled as a generic model so enscape wasn’t recognising it as a door when it was nested into the door frame family. Works fine when the door leaf is also modelled as a door and nested into the door frame family. We’re fairly new to enscape so it wasn’t an issue for us previously (but to be honest was probably poor Revit housekeeping on our part). Going forward this shouldn’t cause us any further issues.

A team mate of mine has a similar issue with a sliding door family. He had to make the nested door panels as generic models instead of doors because nested doors were throwing a wrench in the Revit Door schedule. Is there a way to make all parts of the nested family take on the attributes of a door, and allow you to pass through it? (it is a parametric stacking multi panel sliding door, using an array, so not doing it as a nested family wont work.)