Batch Rendering with Design Options

• Lets say I have 10 views of a building.

I have a design option set with 8 options.

I want to produce a collated PDF that shows the same vantage point cycling through each option (this has produced the greatest design prompt sessions with our client and principal).

This means I have 80 images to pump out.

Now consider I have another design option set with 2 options which influence the other 8.

Thats 160 images now.

Sounds a bit absurd I know but what would be the best way to batch render a matrix of options? I think it could lend itself to interesting capacity for decision-making.

The thing is, you can only effectively use the dropdown to showcase all of the expressions of a single design option set. If you want to cycle through multiple sets you have to use a view template and assign Design Option overrides to the views planned to be exported, which feels beyond the limits of Enscape...but if I can manually effect the 2 option set and have Enscape cycle through the 8 options that is only two manual moves rather than 16. Does the API allow for switching the active option?

If Enscape names the exported images with a suffix according to their design option, then that will probably be enough for me to batch compile them into a PDF booklet.

• Hey mattendler , I'll definitely forward this subject to our developers to see what's feasible. This will generally be something we can gladly file a feature request for to help you with this procedure. We would have to implement a corresponding UI for this as well to allow a good usability over this, but your feedback will be forwarded of course. :)

If Enscape names the exported images with a suffix according to their design option, then that will probably be enough for me to batch compile them into a PDF booklet.

I'll also file that as a separate feature request as well. Thank you!

• Hey mattendler , I'll definitely forward this subject to our developers to see what's feasible. This will generally be something we can gladly file a feature request for to help you with this procedure. We would have to implement a corresponding UI for this as well to allow a good usability over this, but your feedback will be forwarded of course. :)

I'll also file that as a separate feature request as well. Thank you!

I would definately second that possibility. (I see NxNxN design options will return quite some views. Right now I'm looking for the first step to just export N views x N options in a design option).

Any news on this feature?