Liberty Twilight - Landscape Architecture

• Hey guys!

I created this model a while ago when the asset library first came out around the same time that I took on multiple landscape rendering projects just coincidentally.

Landscape Architecture and Design by Summerset Gardens

Thanks and Enjoy!

Steven Garubba, DeGraw and DeHaan Architects

P.S.: Asset library needs Japanese Maples, Rhododendrons, and Juniper bushes. :) Also, I'm curious to see if others think the Asset Library's albedo for the leaves are too much on the green spectrum? Personally, I feel like the leaves on the vegetative assets could be more on the yellow spectrum for a more natural look?

• Very Nice!

Are all of those trees/shrubs Enscape assets out of the box, or is there post processing done here (for the landscape elements)?

Cheers,

Dave

Architect

Thanks Dave!

I would say its about 50/50 with models being used from the asset library and my own landscape model library. If you check out the last picture, you'll see a screenshot of the sketchup model that shows a combination of proxy boxes and asset library proxies around the walking paths.

All vegetation that you see came directly from the model, no post process.

• The landscape modeling really brings life to the render. It is effective at providing context for the architecture, I would love to take a walk through the site!

Something I have been having trouble with relates to the building model. My company works predominately with shingle style houses. I am wondering how you modeling such variation and depth on the shingles?

• The landscape modeling really brings life to the render. It is effective at providing context for the architecture, I would love to take a walk through the site!

Something I have been having trouble with relates to the building model. My company works predominately with shingle style houses. I am wondering how you modeling such variation and depth on the shingles?

Thank you! I wish i could show you, but the virtual reality in this model looks really cool!

Im with you and in the same boat as you when it comes to modeling certain details on shingle style homes. Over the years, I just perfected the cedar shake texturing with roughness maps and normals. The 3d modeling of the shakes themselves are just icing on the cake that adds to the final image. I basically take triangular profiles, extrude across the roof plane and multiply it up to the peek. Then, I apply the UV Map with LibFredo's Thrupaint and planar wrap the roof plane to accurately match the shingle dimensions. This is something I should provide in a video tutorial at some point because it would make more sense on that platform.

Hope that helps and thanks again. :)