"Do Not Render" Right-Click Menu Flag

• Do you want Enscape to have a right click contextual "Do Not Render" flag for Sketchup groups and components? 3

1. YES! (3) 100%
    2. NO! (0) 0%
    3. WHAT IS A RENDER FLAG? (0) 0%

Here is the thing, I am using Sketchup/Layout exclusively more and more for my workflow.

We use Enscape CONSTANTLY in our firm.

I use 3D models to represent my fixtures with corresponding 2D symbol equivalents for use in reflected ceiling plans / power plans / etc. on separate layers inside of the 3D model to visually control how they show up in Layout.

I keep Enscape open to walk through the model and place fixtures and can see both the symbol and model simultaneously in the Sketchup viewport.

I do not want to see the 2D symbols in Enscape while I am placing the 3D models in the Sketchup viewport, but I do want to see the 2D symbol in the Sketchup viewport.

I do not want to keep flicking layers on and off to control object visibility in the Enscape viewport.

While I am able to accomplish this using a "clear" material with 100 transparency, 100 roughness and 0 specularity applied to the 2D symbols, I would rather simply be able to right-click the 2D symbol component and from a contextual menu be able to select "Enscape > Do Not Render (✔/✖)." That way I can focus on design, rather than constantly fiddling with layers.

If this is already a feature, please point me to how to use it, otherwise I believe there could be a lot of benefits with many applications for a "Do Not Render" flag in the Enscape workflow across the board.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

• cccpu

Changed the title of the thread from “"Do not render" right click menu flag” to “"Do Not Render" Right-Click Menu Flag”.
  • Thanks a lot for that feature request cccpu and welcome to our forum. Be assured, that your feedback will be forwarded to our developers accordingly. Let me know in case you want to add anything else to your request! :)