Materials and Quality using Enscape for Revit

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a rendering engine for Revit and currently trying to use Enscape to apply it for my workflow.

Enscape looks very interesting for me due to a few reasons:

1) many pictures presented on Enscape's official website have really good quality that will be more than enough for me.

2) Enscape is a plugin for Revit so there's no need to convert Revit model for another software and loose time for adjusting it there.

3) Enscape does GPU fast rendering which is a really nice advantage compared to Revit in-built 5 hours CPU rendering time on 8 cores 16 threads CPU.

So far results that I achieved are really far away from what I need to achieve ;(:

1) materials and lights are rendered differently from Revit in-built engine

2) picture turned out blurred

3) I'm not sure if Enscape can properly handle self-illuminated materials (so that they really emit light and not just look shiny).

Please take a look at the comparative pictures where different engines were used for the same model.

Please give an advice how to bring the quality to a proper level using Enscape.

Thank you very much in advance,

Yehor

• Official Post

Hi Yehor ,

Sure, let me help you with that.

I think the main issue you're experiencing here is sunlight coming in from the outside.

Yes, Enscape, being a real-time rendering engine, has difficulties to recognize whether a scene is in an enclosed interior or just partly enclosed/sunlit.

This is why you have a lot of indirect lighting in your Enscape image (the bright floor etc.)

To fix this, simply change the daytime to night by holding Shift + the right mouse button and moving the mouse.

However, the materials, like the ceiling frame work for example, indeed look a lot different than what the Revit renderer gave out. That's surprising!

Can you please make sure you've set the necessary material settings in the "Appearance" tab of the Revit material editor? Also, can you please check if in the Enscape settings, "Advanced" tab, the "Material Selection" option is set to "Appearance"?

If that doesn't help, I'll have to either ask you for the model to analyze what's causing this issue, or for a model in which we can reproduce the issue - or we can schedule a web meeting to have a look into this together. If you want to go that way, feel free to schedule a meeting using this link: https://meetme.so/enscape

P.S.: Yes, Self-Illuminated materials do actually emit light ;) you should see that clearly once you've changed the time to night.