Video Focal Point

• For the life of me I cant seem to figure this one out. I see it all the time on videos created in Enscape so I know it will do it but it escapes me. I want to transition from one focal point to another with the depth of field tool in Enscape. I set my first key frame with a certain focal point (something in foreground) then my next something in the background. However when I run the video it immediately snaps to the second focal point rather than transitioning between the two?? I cant figure it out.

• For the life of me I cant seem to figure this one out. I see it all the time on videos created in Enscape so I know it will do it but it escapes me. I want to transition from one focal point to another with the depth of field tool in Enscape. I set my first key frame with a certain focal point (something in foreground) then my next something in the background. However when I run the video it immediately snaps to the second focal point rather than transitioning between the two?? I cant figure it out.

It seems that you can save the Focal Point per keyframe, but the Depth of field is global... personally I think that this is a bug: I have never adjusted the focal point without tweaking the DOF.

• I create all the keys I want, then select the ones I will learn dof individually by clicking on the timeline triangle ...
    I did it now and got a nice result ...
    Hope this helps.

That seems to work better than what i was doing setting it before I create the keyframe. It does now transition however it so quickly adjusts the foreground element is still not in focus. Better than what I had thank you cezar mathias

• I'm not sure if I understood the problem here correctly, please let me know in case not!

But transitioning the DoF Focal Point between keyframes in Enscape not that complex:

Set any number of keyframes and select the ones between which you want to transition the focal point. Make sure "Depth of Field" is enabled and "Auto Focus" is disabled in the Enscape settings (General Tab), so we have control over the Focal Point.

Now enter the keyframe you want to start the transition from. You'll notice that in the lower right corner, the "Depth of Field - Focal Point" slider is now unlocked.

Set the desired distance using this slider. A white line in Enscape helps as visual aid. Hit [Apply]. Next, go to the keyframe you want to end the transition at. Set a different distance using the "Depth of Field - Focal Point" slider, hit [Apply], done. Find more on this in our knowledgebase article on creating videos: https://enscape3d.com/knowledgebase/video/#editor

Can you please let me know in case this is not the answer you were looking for?

• My mistake was thinking that when I saved the keyframe it saved it based on where it was in the general settings when I saved the keyframe. I did not realize I had to then go and click on the keyframe itself and reset it. Its working for me now that I realized that. I was setting it in general settings clicking add keyframe..then going to my next view adjusting dof etc.. in the general settings and then clicking add keyframe again. Not then doubleclicking on the actual keyframe to adjust. I did not realize they were disconnected. Thanks all for your help working swimmingly now.