Velvet Tests Created a happy accident.

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi All,

I was experimenting trying to make a velvet material, and I think I got as close as I could in Enscape and stumbled on some really great leather results along the way. Attached are my results! Let me know your thoughts and feel free to give suggestions on improving either of the materials.

Velvet is difficult because there are no falloff settings in Enscape, so I had to work with what was available; textures and mixing variables between tint colors, bump and metallic controls.

I've attached both versions, the generic material and the Folliage material, and I think I like the generic material version looks best, but this has an interesting quality to it as well, however both versions the shadows are a bit harsh.

The cool thing is I stumbled on to a great way to generate a shiny aged/distressed leather look by changing the material type to Clearcoat and tweaking the colors slightly I get really amazing results!

I'd be interested to hear everyone's thoughts on these and ways to further tweak the materials!

Thanks!

• Hi Ted. Vitalle,

Velvet material is a difficult material in enscape because it does not have the falloff feature. Now I think there is only one way to create it by bump and refection(

That is my personal opinion).

I also tried this material in the previous topic.

Velvet Material test-Enscape 2.6

^^well done Ted.Vitale

• I didn’t see your post initially, looks like we both are definitely headed in the right direction. I found that also adding some metalness to the material gives it a similar sheen to velvet.

Unfortunately until we get a falloff controller I doubt we’ll be %100 believable.

Either way I’m super happy with stumbling on to the leather material I created!

• I didn’t see your post initially, looks like we both are definitely headed in the right direction. I found that also adding some metalness to the material gives it a similar sheen to velvet.

Unfortunately until we get a falloff controller I doubt we’ll be %100 believable.

Either way I’m super happy with stumbling on to the leather material I created!

Hi Ted.Vitale,

I don't mean to say that your way and me are the same

I agree with you that your leather material is great

Congratulation