Expert Mode

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I would like more control than the sliders can provide. One way to do this without making the default install intimidating for new users is an "Expert Mode", or even an expert build. Ideally this would allow direct control over the variables being set and the possibility to go even higher. I would be fine with this being provided similar to the preview versions (ie. use at your own risk) The benefit to Enscape is that we are very motivated to see how far we can push the renderer under a variety of conditions. If you let us do that experimentation for you, everyone wins.

• renderwiz Thank you for your feedback!

So you want to enter each slider setting as a value without limits?

Which sliders especially?

• Exactly :) The settings below are where I feel the interface is limiting. Being about to type in a number (or path to file in the last item) would be much more flexible.

General > Quality

Capture > Duration

Capture > Compression Quality

Capture > Panorama Resolution

Capture > FPS

Capture > Noise

Image > Sharpness (Bring back please, some of us are post processing images and video and would like flexibility with sharpening)

Image > Color Temperature

Atmosphere > Sun

Atmosphere > Texture (let us specify a path to an image... this seems to affect the color of 'bounced' light and it would be great to be able to tweak this)

Thank you,

Chris

• Thank you Chris. We appreciate your input.

In v2.1, the ground texture will be replaced by a better variety of backplates which also cover the horizon. In the meantime, you can also exchange the graphic filew on your own in the Enscape SystemData/textures/ folder.

The Sharpening slider is exactly the same if done in Photoshop or Videoediting. The sharpening is automatically applied on edges right now. We removed it becaise it led to bad results if used too heavily. But thanks for your suggestions, we might add expert settings in the future.

• Hi renderwiz I put the Ambient Occlusion on our agenda for further discussions. Thank you for your feedback