Laptop specs for Revit + Enscape machine

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Hey everyone!

I'm purchasing a laptop soon and wanted to get some feedback on these specs. I haven't yet purchased any laptops to run Revit + Enscape, we only have desktops so far. In most of our desktops we have GTX1080/GTX1080ti and our VR machine has RTX2080. I'm assuming this machine would perform more like our regular machines with the GTX1080?

Intel® Core i7-9750H Processor (2.60GHz) 6 Core

32GB DDR4 2666MHz (2x16GB)

512GB NVMe M.2 SSD

NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 6GB Mobile

• Official Post

Hi cholden424 ,

The RTX 3000 is a whole bit less powerful than the GTX1080 on a desktop computer. It still benefits from the RTX technology, but that will not result entirely in a performance boost, unless you'll want to disable RTX in Enscape. It should still perform nicely with Enscape, but would not be suited for VR, for example.

I hope this helps!

• Official Post

Hi Kaj Burival - so do I get you right that your recommendation tends more to the GTX 1080 / 1080ti rather than any RTX ?
    (we will discuss the equipment of future workstation (notebooks!) purchases here today ;))

The RTX 2070, RTX 2080 or RTX 2080 Ti still have our recommendation, when the budget allows for it. Otherwise the GTX 1080 / 1080 Ti, especially used, could be acquired for a good price. But no, we do not recommend the previous GTX lineup instead of the new RTX cards - it's just a matter of budget I'd say. What Kaj mentioned, is that the GTX 1080 is faster than the RTX 3000, especially since the RTX 3000 was not designed to be a gaming graphics card, but rather ideal for areas which include scientific calculations and machine learning, among other things. :)

• Has anyone compared performance of the RTX 2080 Max-Q vs a regular RTX 2080 or RTX 2070?

From this link, the RTX 2070 is about 15% faster than the RTX 2080 Max-Q overall. Is that performance difference similar in Enscape (specifically VR)?

The only RTX 2080 laptops are very large and power hungry...