View Matching

• I'm writing again about this the viewpoint matching bug in absolute desperation.

I just spent the better part of my afternoon trying to re-match a view (and spoiler alert, I CANT!). Every time I have to do this I am literally loosing money. For the love of god when are you going to fix the view matching bug! I should be able to 100% of the time match my SketchUp view port to my rendering. I cant use two point perspective in SketchUp in conjunction with Enscape, I have to rely on Enscapes Two point perspective system and it does not reliably match the view every time. If I cant match the original view there is zero percent chance I can exactly re-produce the same exact view for a client each time. This is costing me time and money on a regular basis now. This is a must fix!

• Ted.Vitale , we are busy to make sure that reproducible renderings will be possible, but this will not find its way into our next release just yet - still, we're very aware of the demand for this and I'm also sorry to hear that this is currently hindering your workflow, to say the least. Anyway, thank you a lot for your feedback. You're definitely being heard!

• +1

since the field of view change its worse then before :/ i really hope this will be soon implemented..

win 10 | 2080ti | dual xeon w2687w | 128gig ram | asus mainboard | ssd | htc vive | asus proart 4k monitor

modelling stuff with sketchup, drawing stuff with vectorworks, rendering with cinema4d r20 + corona render & now of course, enscape :)

but best of all > experiencing stuff in VR with enscape !!

• I'm writing again about this the viewpoint matching bug in absolute desperation.

I just spent the better part of my afternoon trying to re-match a view (and spoiler alert, I CANT!). Every time I have to do this I am literally loosing money. For the love of god when are you going to fix the view matching bug! I should be able to 100% of the time match my SketchUp view port to my rendering. I cant use two point perspective in SketchUp in conjunction with Enscape, I have to rely on Enscapes Two point perspective system and it does not reliably match the view every time. If I cant match the original view there is zero percent chance I can exactly re-produce the same exact view for a client each time. This is costing me time and money on a regular basis now. This is a must fix!

...which is and remains the Prio #1 Issue for us and our team workflow.

And when you, Enscape-Team, (finally) go to the fix, don't forget to give the render preview window a "render zone layout" which additionally gives us the visual control of what exactly gets rendered ;-) like faked below or what would be better, let the render window automatically shrink to the synchronous window size ...

• eeblack , jan1 , we will be bringing a feature in that will help you save settings to Views which will allow you to reproduce renders reliably in the future, as far as I am aware. EGIE - is that in addition to the Safe Frame feature already provided?

bsfranza - is this also the case when View Synchronization is enabled when creating the View?

• EGIE - No worries - you will find that under the Capture tab. Enabling it will result in the image being shown in the Enscape window at the resolution you have set, but only when you click the Render Image button. So you will essentially get a Preview of the image, which can then either exit using ESC, or you can press the Render Image button again to continue to render out the image.

That's been there since 2.5 I think.

• i use the advanced camera tools in Sketchup to setup cameras and the aspect ratio bars in sketchup lines up perfectly with the enscape previev.

but you have to make sure the aspect ratio on the camera is the same as in the enscape capture menu.

btw you can manually ajust the camera parameters by right click the camera infos

Hope this help!

• I have to say if you start a project prior to Enscape, good luck matching. If however, you start a project with enscape, what I would use is the enscape views. Get your vantage point from enscape, save it as an enscape view(safe frame). Then you have it. Just fire up and go to that view everytime. it's the same, just make sure your output resolution is the same proportion all the time. I usually go with the 16:9 default format for output. another person on another machine can just fire up the same file, go to the saved enscape view, capture it with their tweaks, done deal.