Greenview 3D plants

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi there lovely Enscape community.

Below is the link to Greenview 3D.

Before I dash out and purchase those magnificant Eucalyptus tree models i thought it best to ask if they will be compatible with Enscape? SketchUp should not be a problem as far as I can tell.

Many thanks for your help.<3

Cheers,

Manuela

http://greenview3d.com/index.html

• Official Post

houseofmanuela , since they should be easily importable and displayed in SketchUp, they should also work fine with Enscape! :) Be aware that if the polygon count is rather high, you might experience decreased performance. But there are also SketchUp plugins available online which can be used to reduce the polygon count.

Also, if you plan to use plenty of these plants in your project, I'd advice you import them as linked models:

Simply add each plant (or multiple in whichever constellation) into a new SketchUp project, save that project as .skp file and then feel free to import it as a Linked Model. The main advantage: You should be able to save quiet a bit of performance when working with multiple plants since the .skp files are only being displayed/rendered in Enscape itself, but in SketchUp you'll only see "selection boxes" which basically do not require any resources to render in SketchUp.

Try it out yourself and let me know in case you have any questions. ;)

• Thank you for your feedback Demian Gutberlet. :thumbsup:

I have been using the linked model option for some time now and it really is a lifesaver as I have hundreds of plants in my designs (being a landscape designer).

Sometimes I do wish the selection boxes could be turned into the silhouette as with the asset library models.

It can get very confusing which selection box I'm actually looking at, when there are so many plants in very close proximity.

Cheers,

Manuela

• Official Post

Thanks a lot for your further feedback houseofmanuela , this has already been requested before in a similar fashion, so I'll add a further upvote to the corresponding feature request on our agenda! :)

• Sometimes I do wish the selection boxes could be turned into the silhouette as with the asset library models.

It can get very confusing which selection box I'm actually looking at, when there are so many plants in very close proximity.

Tip: Since the fill of an Enscape asset has no impact on the actual asset, you can colour code your assets and even use semi-transparent materials so that you can see if one asset is within the foliage of another. If you then name that colour, then you can easily find(*) and select(**) specific plants to move/orientate.

(* in the enscape materials window)

(** in the r-click menu of the SU Edit materials tray - note that it only works within the current grouping level)

• ...you can colour code your assets....

Gadget I have tried this method of customizing the "proxy box" only to have them reset to the original simple box. It seems to be related to when Enscape reloads the proxy, definitely if the proxy changes (ie. adjusting a material on the proxy, which I do a lot) but possibly at other times. This also seems to affect the AW Proxy representation. Have you found a method to make these types of custom proxy representations be persistent? Or do you experience these type of issues as well?

Thanks!

• I generally use them from the library and I've never seen them revert to a default (yet). However I've not tried creating custom proxies...

They always come in as a blank 'default' colour, but once I have a texture applied to one I just duplicate it. Or i have a palette made up and just select/fill a whole group at a time.

There is a feature request for assets proxies to default with a transparency level, and another one to have the fill of a proxy have an influence over the actual model it imports - so this tip might prove disastrous in the long term.

• Official Post

Thanks. I was referring to custom proxies which come through as a wireframe box.

I believe this is the workflow that houseofmanuela was asking about.

Demian Gutberlet .... if there is not already a request to make linked file / custom proxy representations persistent upon reload, please add one. Thanks!

Forwarded your feedback. :) Thank you very much!