Why did the Feature "View Related / Dependent Geometry" disappear from the development agenda?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

MatthiasL , thanks a lot for your post. I'm afraid, this feature will be delayed and implemented in a future preview or release after our next major update to 2.6.

• Official Post

These are rather troubling news as we already have been awaiting this feature. Are there any plans when this will be implemented?

I'm sorry to hear that. That is why we say planned - it's not always 100% certain that the features which are listed on the development agenda will also find their way into the upcoming release. This specific functionality should be implemented with 2.7 though, probably earlier available in a preview too. :)

• I'm sorry to hear that. That is why we say planned - it's not always 100% certain that the features which are listed on the development agenda will also find their way into the upcoming release. This specific functionality should be implemented with 2.7 though, probably earlier available in a preview too. :)

Just saw the Development Agenda for 2.7 and I'm rather surprised.

Not only has this been pushed out of 2.6 but also 2.7. I am fully aware that software development is an ever changing business, focus shifts from time to time and features need to be re-evaluated. Nonetheless one of the main reasons we chose Enscape was the fact that this feature was already announced when we initially purchased.

We always try to offer different choices and alternatives to our clients, therefore a feature such as the above will go a long way in delivering a satisfying presentation. Changing between presentations to show off different variants completely breaks immersion and is a laborious workaround at best. Therefore I strongly urge you to reconsider adding this feature to the 2.7 agenda.

• Well I am not surprised and its rather disappointing to see that you are going to work on a new Vectorworks plugin before you have finished the Archicad one. My previous comments about this being a money grab are starting to look true, I wonder if you will advertise that they will only get half a plugin but will have to pay full price, or maybe you will provide them with a fully functioning plugin out of the box and leave archicad users hanging again.

Looks like i am going to have to look more closely at Twinmotion once its new version is out

• Official Post

Just saw the Development Agenda for 2.7 and I'm rather surprised.

Not only has this been pushed out of 2.6 but also 2.7. I am fully aware that software development is an ever changing business, focus shifts from time to time and features need to be re-evaluated. Nonetheless one of the main reasons we chose Enscape was the fact that this feature was already announced when we initially purchased.

We always try to offer different choices and alternatives to our clients, therefore a feature such as the above will go a long way in delivering a satisfying presentation. Changing between presentations to show off different variants completely breaks immersion and is a laborious workaround at best. Therefore I strongly urge you to reconsider adding this feature to the 2.7 agenda.

MatthiasL , I can of course fully understand your frustration. When we first set this particular feature as something we want to implement with 2.6, or 2.7, we were not expecting the technical obstacles this feature is presenting right now. Be assured that we're constantly in the process of employing further developers into our team which help with these kind of implementations in general. We're sorry for putting in on the development agenda in general and not living up to the expectation, but that is also why we're always adding a disclaimer that these features are planned, but it's never guaranteed that all of them can be implemented. Again, either due to technical obstacles or due to resource management.

Well I am not surprised and its rather disappointing to see that you are going to work on a new Vectorworks plugin before you have finished the Archicad one. My previous comments about this being a money grab are starting to look true, I wonder if you will advertise that they will only get half a plugin but will have to pay full price, or maybe you will provide them with a fully functioning plugin out of the box and leave archicad users hanging again.

Looks like i am going to have to look more closely at Twinmotion once its new version is out

Pardon, to which feature(s) are you referring to exactly? With 2.6 we just added the dedicated Material Editor.

• You make it sounds like you're in a disadvantage with archicad, but keep in mind that Revit and sketchup users had to wait much longer to get all these features.

We had to wait 3 years for assets (worth the wait btw) but archicad had them almost from day 1. Revit users are still waiting for the material editor ;) Seems to me you guys are getting a great deal.

I get being disappointment if an feature that is important to you is taken off the road map, but calling enscape a money grab is crazy and to be honest quite disrespectful for everyone who works so hard on it.

• Official Post

So what about views and batch rendering then, thought that was going to be "part of 2.6", again another feature other plugins have but not archicad!!!

Both of these features pose a big technical challenge because of the way ArchiCAD is developed. It's not that we're not aware of the demand, of course, everyone would love to have every feature included in all corresponding CAD solutions, but there will always be technical challenges or even limitations.

Just as an example, SketchUp, at first, had no material editor and no lights - this had been implemented a while after. In this case we could either decide to release support for a new CAD solution only when it includes all the features available in other solutions, or release new support when 80-90% of the functionalities are available already, until everything else is being implemented with updates afterward (if technical challenges can be overcome).