Video for VR

• Hi! Thanks for a great program. I’m using Enscape mostly with Archicad. There is just one thing that I’m really missing.

When I want to show clients my project in VR i want them to have a smooth experience. To learn them al controls to move around in VR by themselves in the model is a tedious process, and even if I controls the movement it is somewhat jerky and jumpy.

Creating a video path is the absolute best and way of achieving a smooth ride through the model, but I just realized that it can not be viewed in VR!?, or at least not in the way you want it too ( you can not look around, your view is locked).

If you could fix this in upcoming update it would be awesome, I bet that other architects and colleagues in the business would be happy about it too!

/Anders

• You do realize that your clients will get terribly sick? Almost everybody will experience strong nausea when moving around in VR without actually moving. That is exactly why the teleport mechanic was developed in the first place.

What I would suggest instead is to "favorite" all the views you want to show your client, they can then jump between them in VR using the shortcut on the left controller.

• You do realize that your clients will get terribly sick? Almost everybody will experience strong nausea when moving around in VR without actually moving. That is exactly why the teleport mechanic was developed in the first place.

What I would suggest instead is to "favorite" all the views you want to show your client, they can then jump between them in VR using the shortcut on the left controller.

Well I get your point and I know this is a common issue among VR gamers. If I relate to my own experience of VR, this issue is most common when you do sudden and fast moves, and especially in combination with quick elevations and turns, a bit like you would get nausea from in real life. If you just glide forward in a peaceful speed this issue is far more rare. Thanks for the tips about favorites, I will try it out, but I would still love to se video function for VR!

• Ok, now I notis that the function with "create view" and favorit views are not accessable from Archicad plugin toolbar. It seems like you can access it from all other programs (revit, rhino and sketchup) but not Archicad. Would be very nice if this function also could be reached from Archicad....

• Thank you all very much for the feedback. Your feedback will of course be forwarded. andfag03 , there is generally a feature request on our agenda to allow you to create a VR walkthrough with a predestined path, to which I've just added an upvote. I suppose that, since VR roller coaster games (which are basically the most extreme version of a VR walkthrough so to speak) exist, that the nausea could be kept in check or avoided by, as mentioned, smooth and slow movements.

Ok, now I notis that the function with "create view" and favorit views are not accessable from Archicad plugin toolbar. It seems like you can access it from all other programs (revit, rhino and sketchup) but not Archicad. Would be very nice if this function also could be reached from Archicad....

That has also been requested before! I'll add a further upvote to the feature request on our agenda too through your voice. :)

• Thank you all very much for the feedback. Your feedback will of course be forwarded. andfag03 , there is generally a feature request on our agenda to allow you to create a VR walkthrough with a predestined path, to which I've just added an upvote. I suppose that, since VR roller coaster games (which are basically the most extreme version of a VR walkthrough so to speak) exist, that the nausea could be kept in check or avoided by, as mentioned, smooth and slow movements.

That has also been requested before! I'll add a further upvote to the feature request on our agenda too through your voice. :)

Hi Demian

The reason rollercoaster games work is that your brain has the "wagon" as a fixed referencepoint. The same goes for other cockpit games, like flight- and carsims. There are things you can do, locomotionwise, to lessen the nausea, but in my experience you have to be a pretty experienced vr user to stomach the natural locomotion mechanic. Its not for clients imho.

• However Enscape is not soley for VR: If I am presenting to 2 or more people then it is better with a large screen. If there were paths that could be pre-defined between scenes it would make for a much smoother presentation and one that was as close to idiot proof that even salesmen could use it.

• However Enscape is not soley for VR: If I am presenting to 2 or more people then it is better with a large screen. If there were paths that could be pre-defined between scenes it would make for a much smoother presentation and one that was as close to idiot proof that even salesmen could use it.

My point is, you are not selling anything if your clients get sick! You can always show them a flatscreen video.

• Yes, but if you could pre-define the paths between scenes so that they were eased with little/no collisions and a fixed focal point during the transition then the risk of getting sick is drastically reduced.

TBH I have had folk feeling queasy when navigating on a flatscreen: the VR just 'enhances' the feeling.