Materials using nodes?

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi

Might be a stupid question, but could it be technical possible to create somekind of node editor for Enscape / Sketchup?

The reason I ask is, that I have used Octane a couple of times, and found the node way of doing things quite usefull - well a least when I got used to it :)

It could be useful to setup some textures, and then be able to switch them around to fast check out the effect they have.

• Official Post

I'll file it as a feature request accordingly. :) If you want, you can also gladly let me know your exact use cases for this, so that I can also add it as further feedback feedback to the topic.

jtubb , 3DS Max support has been requested before multiple times - I'll add your upvote to the existing topic on our agenda so that our developers are aware of the further demand for this implementation.

• Just a simple way to

- setup an material with reflections, bump map and....

- then make a copy of that material, make some adjustments

And then be able to swith between those materials just by pulling a connection from one of them.

I guess now I have to select every single face in the model to switch materials. But I might be wrong..?

When using Octane I often had variations of the same material flowing around as nodes, and then just connecting as needed.

Not sure if it makes sense. And It's nothing I can't live without - just a thought :)

• That sound very similar to this request: Copy Enscape texture settings from another material ... just with a slightly different terminology/way of working.

Currently (in SU) you would have to do this by either:

- selecting all the materials with one fill (relatively easy to do with r-clicking on the material in the model or on the palette) and then fill them with another fill.

- Or selecting the desired fill and making note of all the settings and then selecting the target fill to manually changing these settings... which is a pain due to having to click three times per setting just to type in a specific value.

• Hi gadget.

Not sure I can figure out what you mean.

I think I once used a plug-in called texture replacer by thom thom, but I’m not. I have to try it.

I’m not at the computer right now. Is it possible to right click on a texture and make a copy in the enscape texture editor?