Swap models??

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi,

is there a way to swap revit models with custom .fbx models while rendering? I really need this feature to automate a visualization workflow. Otherwise I have to go through an export to Rhino and code my swap there. I feel this feature could improve the software so much. I tried to use the RPC maker but it is so cumbersome, and it mandates that you UV unwrap all the models that you want to convert. A big effort for my 3D models library...

Anyone knows how to go with this?

Trying now Sketchup(Transmutr)>Formit>Revit see where this gets me...

• Official Post

Mateuet , this is not yet possible (at least from Enscape's side), but I'll gladly forward your request to our developers. :)

• Official Post

Anything to do with a contract between Revit and Archvision maybe? ;)

Not related to that. In the end, we'll provide an enormous amount of assets in the future (about 2000-3000 by the end of this year) so a dedicated Archvision subscription would, I'd say in most cases, not even be necessary. ;) Being able to implement your own models into the Asset library is a complex technical process though development wise, so it's just that we focus on other things right now. :)

• Not related to that. In the end, we'll provide an enormous amount of assets in the future (about 2000-3000 by the end of this year) so a dedicated Archvision subscription would, I'd say in most cases, not even be necessary. ;) Being able to implement your own models into the Asset library is a complex technical process though development wise, so it's just that we focus on other things right now. :)

Any thought to seasonality for some of the assets? I'd love to be able to have some winter trees or changing leaf colour options.

I think being able to make and use your own assets would take Enscape to another level for artists and designers.

• Official Post

Any thought to seasonality for some of the assets? I'd love to be able to have some winter trees or changing leaf colour options.

I think being able to make and use your own assets would take Enscape to another level for artists and designers.

Basically, what you've requested is already on our agenda filed as multiple feature requests, since others have also already mentioned that they'd like to see this implemented as well, so I'll add your voice in form of an upvote to each topics. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• Official Post

Winter assets would be great (especially since winter is on our doorstep in Norway right now :) )

Are there also any plans on volumetric snow and snowy weather?

No plans yet - I'll forward your feedback though. :)

• I'd like to also add the feature request to be able to implement custom assets in the revit/enscape workflow. This is very critical from a visualization standpoint where custom furniture and other bespoke assets are a part of EVERY project we work on. Too often we're encountering revit files that become ridiculously bloated from items that don't necessarily need to be a part of the production side of things but would like to be included on the visualization side. Much like proxies in the 3ds max/vray workflow.

I believe there are other threads on this topic so not quite sure where to post this, but would love to see this implemented asap. Or at least time frame on possible implementation.

• Official Post

Michael Hagelsieb , thank you for your feedback - your upvote will be added the corresponding feature requests filed for these subjects. I'm afraid, at least at the moment I cannot give you any ETA just yet. If this is something which will be implemented in an upcoming version of Enscape, we'll of course also add it to our development agenda.