Support for Blender

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Our office uses Enscape for Revit for development, and I (have to) use it with SketchUp for visualization for clients.
    I already love Enscape deeply, but struggle hard to get work flowing through SketchUp.
    The brand new Blender 2.8 seems like a forceful contender for the future, and I would happily switch software in a heartbeat if Enscape came to Blender.
    Blender has a large and strong user base, but is the open source lisencing a problem for getting Enscape into it?

• Official Post

Our office uses Enscape for Revit for development, and I (have to) use it with SketchUp for visualization for clients.
    I already love Enscape deeply, but struggle hard to get work flowing through SketchUp.
    The brand new Blender 2.8 seems like a forceful contender for the future, and I would happily switch software in a heartbeat if Enscape came to Blender.
    Blender has a large and strong user base, but is the open source lisencing a problem for getting Enscape into it?

Thank you very much for your feedback - I'll definitely forward your wish to have Enscape available in Blender to our developers so that they're aware of the demand for this implementation. I suppose, that there wouldn't be any licensing problems, but there is currently simply not enough demand for this, so it may be something which will be available in the future though!

• erm... the latest release of Blender has a new built-in real-time rendering engine (with particle physics, mirrors, caustics, etc.) that the Blender community are raving about, so I'm not sure what Enscape could add to the mix?

• Last time I checked EEVEE was a drop in replacement for cycles, as in it's real time, but not interactive. Ever since the Blender Game Engine was removed, Blender was relegated to content editor and offline renderer.

But then I am also not entirely sure Enscape is a good fit, Blender has it's own almost real time render and the interactive part Blender users may want would be more along a game engine. Also the licensing issue might be a tag tricky...

• Enscape offers much more than real time rendering.
    The ability to deliver stills, video and interactive walkthroughs both online and for VR in (more ore less) one click has in a short time become very appreciated and valuable for our us and our customers. They want it all! However, I find it very limiting to have to work out of SketchUp to have access to Enscape's magic.

Blender is a proper, full feature package and it would be absolutely wonderful to be able to connect it to Enscape.
    I stand by my request/wish!

• Enscape offers much more than real time rendering.
    The ability to deliver stills, video and interactive walkthroughs both online and for VR in (more ore less) one click has in a short time become very appreciated and valuable for our us and our customers. They want it all! However, I find it very limiting to have to work out of SketchUp to have access to Enscape's magic.

Blender is a proper, full feature package and it would be absolutely wonderful to be able to connect it to Enscape.
    I stand by my request/wish!

Seems like it would be useful only if you could use Blender video and animation tools. That was the reason I started using Blender instead of Sketchup -- because of the video limitations in SU. There are a lot of limits (though what we have is great, no knock on the developers) in Enscape video editing, and if it's just a transposition into Blender, I feel that would be a significant limit to the point of using Blender. Enscape already has a good proxy system (which was my other need -- being able to work with high-poly models) that addresses that aspect of SU's limitations.

• Official Post

I would love to see enscape for Blender as well. Our office uses enscape for archicad, but in our department we export the models to blender to hae much more control over the modeling, lighting and animation.

Welcome to our Forum.

While this isn't on our agenda at the moment, feel free to also still forward your feedback to product management as well through our Voting Portal so that they can track the further demand for this. :)

• Official Post

I would like to add my up vote for blender integration - it would be amazing to have the power of blender's modelling and texture (uv tools) along side the speed of Enscape

If you haven't, kindly also forward your voice through the portal as detailed in my previous reply. :) Thanks a lot, we appreciate the input.

• We are mainly using Enscape with Revit but would love to have a more direct pathway from Blender to the Enscape Asset creator. I know you can export out .obj files and then open Revit and launch the asset creator that way, but having a more direct interface would cut down on allot of trial and error.