glass - reflection completely missing

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • hi there,

i have found a component with some groups inside .. reflections missing on the glass... you turn it - reflections tehre again, you explode geometry and regroup it - fixes it also - but its strange ?!

check sketchup file here

reflection issues (2).zip

win 10 | 3080ti | intel 12900k | 64 gig ram | asus mainboard | ssd 980 pro | valve index | dual asus proart 4k monitor

drawing stuff with vectorworks, modelling stuff with sketchup, rendering inside blender/cinema4d with corona render

& ofc using enscape and lately d5 and also a little ue5 :)

best of all > experiencing stuff in VR with enscape !!

Edited once, last by bsfranza ().

• hm.. could be that i have scaled the glass component with -1 .. i will check..

makes senst that this would be bad for normal renderer - i was not aware its also about to cause troubles in enscape... in sketchup one is scaling -1 components a lot :) that would be bad practise then?! :|

na - flipping stuff and scaling -1 is not an issue - i tried several variants... must be something else .. below you see a flipped reversend and scaled mirrorthing... all works

win 10 | 3080ti | intel 12900k | 64 gig ram | asus mainboard | ssd 980 pro | valve index | dual asus proart 4k monitor

drawing stuff with vectorworks, modelling stuff with sketchup, rendering inside blender/cinema4d with corona render

& ofc using enscape and lately d5 and also a little ue5 :)

best of all > experiencing stuff in VR with enscape !!

Edited once, last by bsfranza ().

• Official Post

Thanks bsfranza , I'll forward this to our developers for troubleshooting.

• Official Post

bsfranza , our developers had a look at the project.

Generally, scaling with -1 is a problem, as it practically turns the object inside out. In this case we advice against doing that. In addition to that you could apply the material on both sides of the mesh. That should also solve the transparency issue. :)