Tiny Backyard Design

• I am a landscape designer and I just started using Enscape. I found the depth of field a bit hard to control, either too much or too little but no middle ground really. Let me know if you have any tips or trick with lighting and views for exterior and landscape renders:/

Here are some renders from the project with Lightroom edit :thumbsup:

Before Lightroom (Raw from Enscape):

• I am a landscape designer and I just started using Enscape. I found the depth of field a bit hard to control, either too much or too little but no middle ground really. Let me know if you have any tips or trick with lighting and views for exterior and landscape renders:/

Most of the time I set it to below 5%, if I want to play with sharpness and transitions I bump it up to 15%. With higher values it's too obtrusive and the corridor of sharpness is to narrow to properly use it which is kind of a shame. Would love to see more cohesive camera options when it comes to focal length, aperture, exposure and the likes.

• I find that the further away your focal point, the more DOF you need to get the effect - if you have a close focal point, then the DOF needs to be less.

It has been suggested before that a better way of working would be to set a front and rear focal distance; everything between these distances is sharp and it blurs outwith them. There would still be a slider to define how blurred things were at the furthest point of the model.