Relative path to skybox

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Is there a way to enter a relative path to the skybox image instead of an absolute path?

When my colleague saves a 360 skybox from onedrive to the project (revit), I am unable to open this image since my path to the picture in onedrive is different. (different user accounts)

This is currently not possible yet. A possibility would of course be to maybe have one shared drive for all skyboxes, maybe even for all users?

• Official Post

It would be possible on a local network, however I'm not sure it is possible through onedrive, since onedrive makes a local syncronization under your own user profile.

That certainly sounds like a good idea with the local network. Maybe it would also be convenient since every user would have access to every skybox, but I am of course not sure if some of the them are confidential for example. I'll definitely forward your feedback to have a relative path when it comes to our skyboxes.

• Problem with using local network is that when we're out meeting with customers, its not accessible. Onedrive have a local sync of the folder. So each solutions has its drawbacks.

I'm sure its possible to make a workaround with symbolic links or something like that, but a possiblity for relative path would be nice.

• Official Post

Problem with using local network is that when we're out meeting with customers, its not accessible. Onedrive have a local sync of the folder. So each solutions has its drawbacks.

I'm sure its possible to make a workaround with symbolic links or something like that, but a possiblity for relative path would be nice.

Yeah, I see. I'll add your feedback to the request I'll file.

• I'm sure its possible to make a workaround with symbolic links or something like that, but a possiblity for relative path would be nice.

Ho 3DMake! I'm sorry to bother but I have the exact issue than you and I'm struggling to find a solution to work with what you call symbolic links. Seems I can't get there though: could you please give me some hints about what you had in mind so I can elaborate the thing?

At the moment my try has been to batch a relative path generator to create a virtual link to the actual folder (which is on One Drive), but still Enscape doesn't fall for it and won't find the textures..

Really really thanks!

• pibuz the way we solved our issue is syncing our workfolder on local hard drives. Instead of syncing to user specific folders, we justed a fixed path (ex. c:\CompanyName\ )

All our common resources are located in this folder and subfolders. We use QNAP NAS for storage, and are using qsync to sync it to the local folder. However this should be possible to do with other sync software as well.

Symlinks should be possible to use as well, however it might be a bit messy to maintain.

• I was thinking to quite the same thing.

Only thing is that we have to share our folder structure to other colleagues around the world, so it's a little more difficult since we don't access the same network.

We're thinking of setting all paths to "C:\something" and then - after having actually shared the folder structure - feature a .bat file to copy all the pointed files inside the shared folders to a newly created local "C:\something" folder, and recreate there the folders architecture.

A bit messy but it kinda works. Hope the enscape guys will release a relative path patch soon!