2.6 - generall madness

• let me introduce you to 2.6 stable mirror madness

images 1-6 a simple mirror and some cylinders... we are talking about large exterior scale... > whatever your math is behind the reflection quality, it does not work in this situations - if it would take into account the scene size, and the polys involved it should be absolutely a nobrainer (or more a nosiliconer) to put this on screen perfectly... this is really a simple scene

also there is still this shadowy giy problem... as if there was a dark matter sun casting a fixed shadow over the stuff... even when there is no shadow in sketchup there is a shadow in enscape - image 5 .. > furthermore you can see some errors and that the normal/surface softening is not working in mirrors.. i have reported this for preview 8 already?! and imagee 5 note 3 -> this artefacts are bad:) just saying

image 6 -> the sun shadow sharpness is de facto not working.. the effect is minimal since preview 9

images 7-9 further mirror problems.. ok this is a test scene for what its worth but lets look at a real life example then...

• 9-12 further mirror test scene issues...

now images 13-15 are frm an actual project.. very simplified the scene - just house geo + windows ...

i think everyone agrees that this can not be qualified as presentation ready...

i really hope that all this issues are on your agenda and that eventually with the reactivation of the rtx stuff this will be way better in future...

also im looking forward really hard to the developement agenda to see if this ship is heading in the right direction...

looking forward....

• its a nice think i can like my own posts ... is anyone also experiencing the mirror related stuff as painfull not ready to show to anyone?

win 10 | 3080ti | intel 12900k | 64 gig ram | asus mainboard | ssd 980 pro | valve index | dual asus proart 4k monitor

drawing stuff with vectorworks, modelling stuff with sketchup, rendering inside blender/cinema4d with corona render

& ofc using enscape and lately d5 and also a little ue5 :)

best of all > experiencing stuff in VR with enscape !!

• Image 14/15 are definitely unfortunate, I'm guessing that's a result of multiple reflections, which is an issue wherever two mirrors meet at a right angle. Not sure there's an easy solution though, it may just be a fundamental limitation of realtime raytracing right now.