Enscape trees looks great in 3D but terrible in 2D

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • The Enscape trees and the asset library has certainly come a long way.

The Enscape assets are truly beautiful and make the render looks great.

however, one very important feature that we require in my firm, is to accurately

represent and show the location and position of the trees in plan and in elevations and sections.

for such architectural drawings, the Enscape assets certainly does not suffice.

Hence, I experience my colleagues inserting JPGS or use the alternative RCP trees from our library

that I made with cross-laid 2D illustrations and archvision render appearance.

Now, archvision is bloody expensive and frankly quite irritating to use, so our office would very much

appreciate to roll it out of our practice ASAP.

Would it be possible for Enscape to embed more appropriate 2D and Plan representations of your

vegetation assets, or allow users to do so in a straight forward matter? Currently, it is possible to edit the Enscape asset families

and embeded these 2D representations, which I have already done, however, as far as I am aware, these cannot

really be stored in a company wide content library, so as to appear in everybody's asset library.

If you need assistance on developing these 2D representations, I can personally help you on the matter.

Kind regards,

Kasper Miller

BIM Manager

McCauley Daye O'Connell Architects

Dublin, Ireland

• Kmiller

Changed the title of the thread from “Enscape looks great in 3D but terrible in 2D” to “Enscape trees looks great in 3D but terrible in 2D”.
  • What I've done is taken the Enscape tree's Enscape ID and height parameters and added them to my offices standard tree family. Then created types with the different Enscape Id's as per the tree type I wanted. This allows the tree families to be replaced by the better Enscape trees, while maintaining a more Revit appropriate family.

• +1

It shouldn't be difficult (especially in Revit) to add View Option settings to govern whether Enscape content shows up in plan or elevation views. Enscape is placing everything as Planting families, which is convenient to hide entourage items, but keeping the real vegetation items takes additional time.