Enscape 2.7

• the latest dev agend is there now for 2.7 - but unfortunately i cant read anything regarding rtx or mirrors there... ;(

win 10 | 2080ti | dual xeon w2687w | 128gig ram | asus mainboard | ssd | htc vive | asus proart 4k monitor

modelling stuff with sketchup, drawing stuff with vectorworks, rendering with cinema4d r20 + corona render & now of course, enscape :)

but best of all > experiencing stuff in VR with enscape !!

• The development agenda is out for 2.7 and i mush say that's its very disappointing, not sure if you guys are listening to your client base as the only real thing or interest is the Orthogonal views everything else that is constantly getting "upvoted" on this forum has been ignored.

Does anyone else feel let down by this?

• The agenda only contains the parts that we are able to promise and have top priority for this release. Other things are scheduled too, but it's sometimes hard to predict the length of engineering projects. The list also contains only the high level points, many small improvements are not listed but are on our agenda.

• Thomas,

Yes but they are not going to be major and game changing like creating our own assets or changing materials on assets or an ultra ultra mode to get correct reflections or multi user VR or displacement or fully featured archicad plugin or animated objects or animated materials or create 360 video, the list goes on. these are real world requests from your users that operate in the real world providing visual content to their clients (who always want more) so if you want to retain us as your clients you need to be much more responsive to these types of requests, the current "up voting" is a joke, why don't to publish a vote to see what things that you users want/need in the upcoming versions and use that as a basis for your development, your current approach is rather unprofessional in my view

• timeless it says on the post, February

Nuge I agree that while the progress of the program is going steady and that's great (keep it up Enscape). Some of the long standing topics on the forum have been neglected and those would mean more to the entire client base of Enscape vs adding in vectorworks and RTX support which only affects a small portion of the community.

• Micha I am a "Pro User". We've been living up to this point just fine without RTX. I also know a lot of people "pro users" and and out of that subsection less than 15% have the capability to run RTX based on their graphic cards limits. Now that doesn't mean I don't want RTX, it looks like a awesome set of additional tools "pro users" will be able to capitalize on, so I'm glad Enscape is looking into it. The point I'm trying to make is there are topics like Nuge noted that have been on the forums for years now that have not been touched or even mentioned in the pipeline, yet RTX comes out of no where (and as far as Ive see has less than 3 direct topics on the forum) and gets implemented right away. The fact that the Enscape team seems to be more focused on diversifying their client range instead of developing their product to meet the needs of the most up voted forums (see mp4 texture) and those already using their platform is a bit worrying.

• I hate to pile on, but I will. I'm glad the developers are making sure they meet the technical requirements and capabilities of new hardware, but it's also incumbent on them to understand the needs of the user base. I'm glad Nuge brought up a few high points of user requests that seem to have been stagnant, some items for more than a year. It's a real shame to constantly feel like we're "so close" but these seemingly core functions just don't get there. It's a great piece of software, and I thoroughly enjoy using it, so it makes it that much more frustrating to hit these walls.

• Tyler Enhancements for noisy metals, bad reflections are requested since a very long time too. For me the unstable or missing quality is a big problem so that I can't use Enscape for my commercial projects most. The potential of Enscape is hugh and alluring and it could bring some nice advantages over my offline render engines, but something is missing at every end.

Some people and I, we hope to get some quality issues be fixed by RTX. Also I hope it will enhance the shadows of lights, seems they could be retraced instead shadow mapped. Maybe materials like glass could win too.

I understand the need of your other requests and I'm tiered to read the endless upvote notes without any following result too. Some times I think the Enscape team creates a monster, but it's to small to tame it. I hope I'm not the bad guy to say this and it is noted as a sign that some changes are needed. ;)

• Micha, right RTX will help to improve metals and glass in the long run. We see it as a future proof path, thats why we did it rather immediately.

We also strive for a complete core product. Please understand that the requirements for what that actually is differ from user to user (although many here in the forums think similiarly). The Vectorworks or ArchiCad support is unrelated to rendering features as we can easily parallelize this development, whereas its harder to implement related stuff simultanously.

• Hi Thomas,

I chose path of Enscape as its really great software for Archicad. Am not sure if it will work to wait for such long (we are still awaiting support for AC 23) in future. From the day of release of Archicad v23 its been now almost 5 months. And still we are awaiting for the support for it. My team had to go back to alternatives. :( and am not liking that. So hope you come up with solution asap!

• Hi Thomas,

I chose path of Enscape as its really great software for Archicad. Am not sure if it will work to wait for such long (we are still awaiting support for AC 23) in future. From the day of release of Archicad v23 its been now almost 5 months. And still we are awaiting for the support for it. My team had to go back to alternatives. :( and am not liking that. So hope you come up with solution asap!

Thanks for your post and welcome to our forum. Check out our latest preview, ArchiCAD 23 support is now being offered with that version. Feel free to also share any feedback with us, if you get the chance to try it out again hopefully. :)