Using Enscape with laptop and external GPU

• Hi

I am experimenting with an external GPU connected to my Dell laptop, unfortunately Enscape won't recognize my HMD when connected through the external GPU.

Do u guys have a work-around? Other VR apps have no problem. I am using a Razer Core X (with a 2070) connected to a Dell Precision 7530 (with a Quadro P3200 + Intel 630)

• Hi

I am experimenting with an external GPU connected to my Dell laptop, unfortunately Enscape won't recognize my HMD when connected through the external GPU.

Do u guys have a work-around? Other VR apps have no problem. I am using a Razer Core X (with a 2070) connected to a Dell Precision 7530 (with a Quadro P3200 + Intel 630)

tobiasolsen , could you kindly let me know which HMD you're using? It depends on the kind of device itself regarding which steps have to be taken so that it will be recognized in Enscape:

https://enscape3d.com/knowledg…-virtual-reality-headset/

Kindly make sure to follow the steps for your particular headset. :) Thanks in advance and let me know in case you're not successful - in that case please also send in a feedback report so that we can further troubleshoot the cause behind this.

• tobiasolsen , could you kindly let me know which HMD you're using? It depends on the kind of device itself regarding which steps have to be taken so that it will be recognized in Enscape:

https://enscape3d.com/knowledg…-virtual-reality-headset/

Kindly make sure to follow the steps for your particular headset. :) Thanks in advance and let me know in case you're not successful - in that case please also send in a feedback report so that we can further troubleshoot the cause behind this.

Hi Demian

I am using the Rift S for this setup. I'll let you know my findings, thanks

• Hi tobiasolsen

I know this thread is over a year old. Our office mainly has Dell Precision 7510, 7520, 7530 and 7540. I currently have 7520 with Nvidia M2200 + intel card. I am curious to hear your experience on using the eGPU for rendering/walkthrough in Enscape. Is this worth investing? or should just get a better laptop? Do you have to try many workarounds to get it to work?

Thanks

• ...or should just get a better laptop?

I was running an older (about 3 years) Dell Precision 7510, also with Nvidia M2200 and I had also problems all the time.

Since about a week we have been upgrading to a brandnew Dell Precision 7550 with a Quadro RTX 5000 - so far everything is ok. Since for me the topic "walkthrough" is meaningless so far, I don't have any experience to this pecific point. But to render (even videos) at the maximum edge of what is possible runs incredibly fast and stable now ;-)
    Note: incredibly stupid is that the guys from Dell have decided that the function keys (F1 to F12) are unimportant somehow (at least with my new notebook) - these have been relegated to the 2nd keyboard row and are only available in combination with the FN key X(:cursing::thumbdown: For users of professional software (Adobe Bundle etc. etc.) a real catastrophy and only for people with bios experience a problem to solve...

• I was running an older (about 3 years) Dell Precision 7510, also with Nvidia M2200 and I had also problems all the time.

Since about a week we have been upgrading to a brandnew Dell Precision 7550 with a Quadro RTX 5000 - so far everything is ok. Since for me the topic "walkthrough" is meaningless so far, I don't have any experience to this pecific point. But to render (even videos) at the maximum edge of what is possible runs incredibly fast and stable now ;-)
    Note: incredibly stupid is that the guys from Dell have decided that the function keys (F1 to F12) are unimportant somehow (at least with my new notebook) - these have been relegated to the 2nd keyboard row and are only available in combination with the FN key X(:cursing::thumbdown: For users of professional software (Adobe Bundle etc. etc.) a real catastrophy and only for people with bios experience a problem to solve...

EGIE,

Thanks for your reply. To be clear, are you saying your new 7550 is running fine and you would suggest going with buying new laptop? What's your experience when it comes to eGPU (external GPU enclosure with desktop graphic card. e.g Razer Core X)?

• ... sorry philosophyBIM that I do not understand what is meant by "external graphics card (GPU)".

For me (in the company where I work) is only possible a standardised but of course configured notebook out of the Dell shelf.
    So I had to name the requirement for the GPU from the system requirements of Enscape. Supposedly only the Quadro RTX 5000 mentioned above was possible.
    Since rendering with my old notebook was hardly possible any longer, I let our IT department procure this new notebook.

Yes, I had to "buy a new notebook" - but it is one that runs very well, as far as I can tell after one week...