Interiors - French Eclectic

• Hello All,

Happy to share with you the first installment of interior design work I introduced into this project after sharing the exterior renders a couple months ago. This first batch of images were made with the new Enscape version 2.6.

Hope you Enjoy.

Steven Garubba

DeGraw & DeHaan Architects

• ... simply speechless - an excellent work !
    (especially I love the view into the winter-garden with the grand piano and this "cool" top-down view)
    if you've used SkUp, how big is this file?

• ... simply speechless - an excellent work !
    (especially I love the view into the winter-garden with the grand piano and this "cool" top-down view)
    if you've used SkUp, how big is this file?

Thanks man! The base model for this SketchUp is currently at 248MB, but I am sure it would be well over 500mb if I included the proxies (high-poly furniture).

• As always, perfect work Steven. 8)

Do you model all your own furniture or is there a database I don't know about?

Thank you

Cheers,

Manuela

Thank you Manuela!

I try and find high-poly models in 3d warehouse. Just increase the polygon count slider while searching. Then I will edit them further with my textures and some additives like blankets with clothworks.

Thanks again,

Steve

• Steven,

I'm always blown away by your work. Thank you for sharing. Can you share about what textures you use with walls and cabinetry, specifically?

I always struggle to know what to use for these - what sort of bump maps, for example, does one use on cabinets, walls, etc. so that they look as realistic as what you produce?

Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

• Thank you for your kind words!

I try to keep walls and cabinetry simple as far as material goes. I'll use just the color/albedo without bump or reflection for the most part unless there are bead board elements. For cabinetry and trim, I'll use 30-50% roughness while the walls would be at 70-90% roughness. The work on detailing and realism is spent on modeling rather than textures. A lot of trim profiles are used throughout the house to produce a certain level of depth.

In short, studying classical architecture, detail and proportion help to produce this certain level of realism!

Hope this helps!

Steve