Settings 2.6

• Hi, little problem here, I've installed for the second time now that its officially released and it looks great and all BUT, how am I supposed to transfer my existing settings to the new setting roll out...

Stand me corrected but all my previous settings are stored as XML documents and 2.6 only reads JSON settings... I don't really get it anyway

Help

• Hi, little problem here, I've installed for the second time now that its officially released and it looks great and all BUT, how am I supposed to transfer my existing settings to the new setting roll out...

Stand me corrected but all my previous settings are stored as XML documents and 2.6 only reads JSON settings... I don't really get it anyway

Help

Simply go into your "General Settings" -> "Settings Management" -> "Legacy Import". Here you'll have all the old settings files available. Now you can just click on any file and then "Import". Hope this helps. ;)

• OK quick update, although the sky is still changed and I didnt figure out why, the trees, every foliage material I had to reset them to default and rebrand them to foliage, like enscape wasnt recognizing the materials. (even if the were correctly labeled and check in the roll down menu for foliage)

I'll investigate if it is unpairing other materials

@Gutberlet

Simply go into your "General Settings" -> "Settings Management" -> "Legacy Import". Here you'll have all the old settings files available. Now you can just click on any file and then "Import". Hope this helps. ;)

should not open a folder, after that? to import, somewhere.

Nothing happens to me.

• Sorry to hear about that - in that case, it would be very helpful if you could send me the corresponding settings file(s) with which you experience this problem. Would that be possible?

should not open a folder, after that? to import, somewhere.

Nothing happens to me.

The old .xml settings have to be in the located in the following folder:

C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\Documents\Enscape\Settings

Afterward you should be able to simply select them in the dialogue!

• Demian Gutberlet I came back to 2.5 for the moment, will do if I can find a moment without too much project.. lost too much time

Sorry to hear about that - if you get the chance, then receiving the files could be very helpful.

• hello everyone - I just installed the current version (2.6.0 + 11215) and have a question about the new preset system, whose new concept I do not yet understand, despite all contributions. So I need some jump start to get on the road :)

I understood how to save own presets as a file. It's obviously the same as before, except that I determine myself where these JSONs get stored (?).

But what does "Save To Project (default)" mean? I have no idea ;)

• It simply saves the settings into the project itself, so that every-time you open that particular project, you'll have the settings available. If you'd save them as a file instead, and then switch to a different machine, then the corresponding settings won't be available (unless you manually transfer the .json files of course). ;) So it really depends on the use-case.

• ... ok & thanks a lot for your reply :thumbup::thumbup: saving the files somewhere is clear and the same as before.

sorry, still unclear :P:) : - What does "into the project itself" mean ??? do the settings data get somehow merged into my SKP file then ?

• ... ok & thanks a lot for your reply :thumbup::thumbup: saving the files somewhere is clear and the same as before.

sorry, still unclear :P:) : - What does "into the project itself" mean ??? do the settings data get somehow merged into my SKP file then ?

Exactly. It saves the settings directly in the .skp file! Or, if you were to use Revit, in the .rvt file and so on. :)