Match SketchUp's 2pt Perspective

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi jan1 - the main reasons are workflow and reproducibility, because it's a lot of money ;);)

... the exact matching is for example necessary where you combine graphics from the CAD and from any renderer - this happens daily in almost every architecture company - within any layout tool these graphics match then without any further stupid fumbling or scaling - just for a simple and fast workflow ;).

For this reason the mapping of a rendering content is determined exclusively by the CAD scene. This must be the case, because the next day a colleague might be obliged to render the same scene again. So he or she just has to open the model and select the appropriate scene to be sure that he or she will produce exactly the same result I produced the day before. Enscape is not able to allow this basic requirement of a workflow so far.

I hope, my example below shows what I mean.

All these many graphics are absolutely identical, although these have been made by different people, in different places, on different computers. It is absolutely necessary to rely on workflow rules here. Or imagine any prefabricated house supplier - he would like to present his house type X uniformly in the internet with always new design variants etc. etc.

You could, just for fun, render your own example on another machine with it´s own setup - you wouldn't get the same results out of the box! This is a real money killer ;);)

Sure, as long as I render a singular project and know that the customer only wants 3 nice pictures and done, all this doesn't matter. But this is not our job reality...

• 1 SketchUp's viewport proportions are different on virtually every workstation due to tool bars, etc. This makes it hard to maintain the same exact export when using the Use Viewport Aspect option in Capture - maybe there should be a lock that sets this and locks it in. It would also be nice to see the Safe Frame in SketchUp's window like other engines do.

2 Enscape is not recognizing the view panning when in 2pt mode.

SketchUp users are going to need exact view matching. Some of is that use an NPR workflow are exporting hidden line views using sketchy styles and 2pt is an essential part of setting up a view in architecture. 100% of the time I am using pan after turning on 2pt in SketchUp.

I feel like I have even requested this in the past but for me, this isnt a request it's a bug. Enscape is not matching SketchUp's view when 2pt is enabled and this needs to be logged as a bug in my opinion.

1 SketchUp's viewport proportions are different on virtually every workstation due to tool bars, etc. This makes it hard to maintain the same exact export when using the Use Viewport Aspect option in Capture ...

Hi VStudio yes, you're absolutely right :) - but:
    No matter under which viewport conditions a SkUp model is opened, SkUp always displays the height proportion. This is the reason why many other renderers refer only to SU´s viewport height while the desired render width remains variable - unfortunately Enscape opted for the width though.
    We successfully use many different renderers - even the simplest and cheapest renderers (e.g. Render[In] or Shaderlight) master this task confidently. No matter who presses the render button, no matter under which viewport setup, no matter on which computer, no matter if PC or MAC - everybody produces an identical result. - This means workflow ;) and all this is finally the reason why we still may not use Enscape for our real production but only in a parallel "test run".

:P I hope that this item ranks high on the development agenda, because I can hardly expect to use Enscape

• EGIE, VStudio, jan1 - In 2.6, when View Synchronization is enabled, Enscape now reads the vertical FoV from SU, and when you create a View this way, that View will then respect that FoV, even if View Synchronization is no longer enabled. You will also see this indicated in the Enscape Visual Settings window's FoV section.

Does this help you out?

1 SketchUp's viewport proportions are different on virtually every workstation due to tool bars, etc. This makes it hard to maintain the same exact export when using the Use Viewport Aspect option in Capture

i use the advanced camera tools in Sketchup to setup cameras and the aspect ratio bars in sketchup lines up perfectly with the enscape previev.

but you have to make sure the aspect ratio on the camera is the same as in the enscape capture menu.

btw you can manually ajust the camera parameters by right click the camera infos

Hope this help!

• Excellent news! I've been holding off on the 2.6 update because I had some projects in the pipeline, this is the nudge I needed. This fix (matching views) is something I've needed for a while, thank you Enscape team.

( VStudio - I think you can use 2pt with a wide angle and just crop to the lens shift that you need, as a workaround at least. Not sure though, I need to test.)

• Excellent news! I've been holding off on the 2.6 update because I had some projects in the pipeline, this is the nudge I needed. This fix (matching views) is something I've needed for a while, thank you Enscape team.

( VStudio - I think you can use 2pt with a wide angle and just crop to the lens shift that you need, as a workaround at least. Not sure though, I need to test.)

Yeah - that's a workaround but not a real solution for me. If we can just get Enscape to recognize panning in SU when 2pt in enabled, we will be golden!

• EGIE, andybot, it was a while arriving, but we got there in the end. We're glad you're finding this useful of course.

andybot, Do you mean enabling 2 point in SU, or in Enscape? VStudio, can you clarify what you mean by 'panning' in this instance so I can file / up-vote the appropriate feature request?

Thanks

• there's no renderer that can match exactly with Sketchup view when you put it on 2 pts then pan, specially zoom (changing the fov). In Vray Skp it still possible to pan after put the view on 2pts mode but it wont match if you then scroll the mouse to play with fov.

prior to 2.6 update it still possible to match with the following workaround:

1. set the angle in Enscape (NOT on sketchup). You can put the 2 pts on to get the proportion and the final desired output. But..
    2. Before click on the Create View, make sure to turn off the 2pts on Enscape setting. Then click on Create View
    3. This will create a non 2pts view in Sketchup and the angle might be weird (cropped out), but its okay because if you turn off the Synch mode, and turn on 2pts on both Sketchup and Enscape the images will match.
    4. Make sure the export ratio is same in Enscape and Sketchup

Matching exactly the same 2pts view in Sketchup seems like a very tricky task for developers. Personally, im quite happy if Enscape can go back to the previous release in terms of exporting views.

there's no renderer that can match exactly with Sketchup view when you put it on 2 pts then pan, specially zoom (changing the fov).

Thats not true.
    Thea render can match SU 2 pt perspective and in fact you can even have it render directly within the SU view.

Look at the video clip below.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• there's no renderer that can match exactly with Sketchup view when you put it on 2 pts then pan, specially zoom (changing the fov). ...

sorry Alvin_AS31, Pixero is right. Also Shaderlight is exactly matching even SkUp´s Two-Point perspective and always correct with SkUp´s viewport height ratio ...
    And beyond - whatever else you do with the camera - the result here will always be exact and correct - also the recovery of this camera on any other computer will always deliver the exact and correct result identical to the one you achieved yourself which is extremely Team-Workflow-Friendly  :) ...

• there's no renderer that can match exactly with Sketchup view when you put it on 2 pts then pan, specially zoom (changing the fov). In Vray Skp it still possible to pan after put the view on 2pts mode but it wont match if you then scroll the mouse to play with fov.

VRay does it as well. I use it practically on every rendering I produce because 1) I am almost always using 2pt and 2) I am almost always brining in a hidden line view into my post production workflow.

• it seems this is the best way. I added a ACT to scene and adjust the aspect ratio . and created some enscape views by using ACT . it gives me exact view on enscape window. the only problem is if we adjust resolution to '' window ' we can not adjust the aspect ratio. this means we can not create a full size of window view. Do you have any idea to fix this ?

• it seems this is the best way. I added a ACT to scene and adjust the aspect ratio . and created some enscape views by using ACT . it gives me exact view on enscape window. the only problem is if we adjust resolution to '' window ' we can not adjust the aspect ratio. this means we can not create a full size of window view. Do you have any idea to fix this ?

I am adding some jpg s to express better.