Image quality and file size

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi guys,

I think we have an issue with exporting render from Enscape.

We have to set the resolution of the image really to archive better effect or quality for images although export setting is already Ultra Quality.

I normally have to put resolution from 4K to above in order to have good materialization. As a consequence, the file size is really high (above 15Mb each).

If we do small export like 1000x1000 for testing, image quality is showing less the material's characteristic.

Are you guys having the same concern? or Do we have another way to export small file size but still have good quality of materials?

Thanks

• The only way to have high detail is to have high res, I export at 4000x3000 png and then I’ve created a script using ImageMagick and AutoHotKey to make 100% quality jpg’s for print and 1200x800 80% jpg’s for email.

The reason I have such a high height (3000px) is so that my college’s who use my images in InDesign have some extra sky and ground to play with when laying out their pages.

• The only way to have high detail is to have high res, I export at 4000x3000 png and then I’ve created a script using ImageMagick and AutoHotKey to make 100% quality jpg’s for print and 1200x800 80% jpg’s for email.

The reason I have such a high height (3000px) is so that my college’s who use my images in InDesign have some extra sky and ground to play with when laying out their pages.

... we also do the same - on the one hand because everything ends either in the InDesign layout (also for very large real prints) or in the web where we also run automated downsizing and uploading processes then.

Usually (but not always however) we produce a "normal" render i.e. 001.jpg and additionally one with subtle outlines 001x.jpg. These give our pictures - after a by Adobe Bridge controlled "merging"-process in Photoshop - a little bit more "crispness" (which is a question of taste of course ;))...

and yes, size is very important !!!

• Official Post

WOW

So we have to accept the crazy file size then. It costs a lot of storage capacity. :(

Thanks

You can select the output file format in the Capture settings and export to jpg directly. This will usually result in much smaller size files (albeit the quality might be lower compared to png as it's a lossy compression format).

• WOW

So we have to accept the crazy file size then. It costs a lot of storage capacity. :(

Thanks

;);) ...I think, at second sight it is not so crazy at all with these large file sizes

- at least for me, in the entire process chain the storage capacity is the cheapest component meanwhile.
    - the render quality is much much better - especially for showing some materials
    - or if you do post pro, you will achieve a much much better result then etc. etc. ...

• Official Post

;);) ...I think, at second sight it is not so crazy at all with these large file sizes

- at least for me, in the entire process chain the storage capacity is the cheapest component meanwhile.
    - the render quality is much much better - especially for showing some materials
    - or if you do post pro, you will achieve a much much better result then etc. etc. ...

Storage did get really cheap over the years indeed - you can now even get a 1TB SSD for just a bit over 100€.. just a few years ago you'd have to spent at least 500€ or more.