RE: Enscape Assets - REVIT Families and Enscape

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi team Enscape,

Massive fan of Enscape and have been using it for over a year now and I am really impressed by the growth of the product, the asset library and other tools over the last year or so.

There is one slight issue I find with the Enscape assets with Revit and curious how this might be adjusted.

So I understand that the way REVIT enscape assets work is they have temporary geometry and an EnscapeMaterial Asset ID Paramater which swaps this proxy out for a high res version of the object. Now this does not seem to work, when an Enscape material asset/family is then loaded(nested) into another REVIT family. Often nested REVIT families are much more efficient and makes cleaner REVIT models than revit groups.

Is there someway that this could be tweaked so Enscape Objects which are nested into Revit families will then show up in a REVIT project? I'm hoping this might speed up the use of detailed Enscape entourages in a project.

Additionally another problem i have run into with REVIT users, is that they find the placement and loading of Enscape Assets from the library a bit slow in comparison with a stand alone program like Lumion. Is this something that has also been thought of and hows this could be improved?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Chris

• Official Post

chris_chattaway ,

Now this does not seem to work, when an Enscape material asset/family is then loaded(nested) into another REVIT family. Often nested REVIT families are much more efficient and makes cleaner REVIT models than revit groups.

We're aware of that and unfortunately, this is currently as is due to technical reasons. We're still looking into ways to resolve this in the future, but it may actually not be possible to resolve I'm afraid.

Additionally another problem i have run into with REVIT users, is that they find the placement and loading of Enscape Assets from the library a bit slow in comparison with a stand alone program like Lumion. Is this something that has also been thought of and hows this could be improved?

It takes a bit more time since we first create an asset in Revit itself. Based on the way Revit works in that regard, this can already take a bit of time since we create a Revit object, but then have to edit it again so that a dedicated Asset is displayed in Enscape. We're also looking into ways to make the whole library downloadable for example, this would cut off any download slow-down. :) Still, this is something in general we'll constantly improve; usage speed and usability in general.