Rendering software for sketchup

• i've been using vray but its terribly difficult to fix the settings to get really good renders and it sometimes causes sketchup to crash. does anyone have any recommendations for simple rendering software i can use to replace vray other than lumion? im looking for one thats fast, high quality, and with a simpler ui than vray.

Well, you're in the perfect place already. ;) Try out Enscape yourself by using our 14-day free trial for which you can briefly sign up here. They beauty about Enscape: It's really simple to use and it produces great renderings very quickly (no training required, no waiting for up to hours until a rendering has been produced).

Try it out and let me know if you have any questions what so ever - also, check out our knowledgebase here for more information to get you started. More specifically, the "Materials in SketchUp" article here. Feel free to also schedule a personal dedicated Web session with us here, in which we can show you all you need to know about Enscape in about 30 minutes, and give you an answer to all of the questions you may have.

• Demian Gutberlet Every time if users ask for getting better effects, for example solid glass or continuous mapped transparency or mixing material effects, than the answer was that it's not possible, since Enscape isn't a render engine, it's made for VR. So, I think, recommending Enscape as render engine should be done carefully, the limits are very tight.

Within the tight limits really nice results are possible like can be seen at the showcase. But often people forget that more than in the nice images is shown is not possible. So, if you client would ask your for a little enhancement like a shadow for wine bottles on the table than Enscape fails. Or let us talk about noisy rendered blurry metals - it's a VR engine, don't expect to get the noise fixed by longer render times. So, to be a glorious winner or a loser at your projects is dangerous near together. I wished the range could be wider.

• Demian Gutberlet Every time if users ask for getting better effects, for example solid glass or continuous mapped transparency or mixing material effects, than the answer was that it's not possible, since Enscape isn't a render engine, it's made for VR. So, I think, recommending Enscape as render engine should be done carefully, the limits are very tight.

Within the tight limits really nice results are possible like can be seen at the showcase. But often people forget that more than in the nice images is shown is not possible. So, if you client would ask your for a little enhancement like a shadow for wine bottles on the table than Enscape fails. Or let us talk about noisy rendered blurry metals - it's a VR engine, don't expect to get the noise fixed by longer render times. So, to be a glorious winner or a loser at your projects is dangerous near together. I wished the range could be wider.

not sure why you are asking this, if you already know what real time engine and computated engine can do. just use the best of both.

• not sure why you are asking this, if you already know what real time engine and computated engine can do. just use the best of both.

I didn't ask. I answered to the question of this first post and the answer at the second, Enscape could replace a render engine. My intention is to warn users like Marcus to run in a difficult situation within a tight deadline and to motivate the Enscape team to go further steps in direction to make Enscape a real render engine competitor.

Right, using both for each need is the best way. And it looks like Marcus ask for this way.

• I don't use V-Ray for Sketchup any more, but I also don't use Enscape for all my renders. There are some things that Enscape just can't handle so I have to go outside of Sketchup rendering to get things like accurate mirror reflections, complex materials, multiple UV's, etc. My full function rendering application currently is V-Ray for Blender.

I've tried Thea, Maxwell, and Podium at various points, maybe one of those would serve your needs.

• I use Thea render and Enscape, Enscape is very versatile and can be used for most projects however there are times I need photo real with accurate reflections, vast scattered vegetation, sub surface scattering, global medium, real glass materials etc, this is where I use a true render app. Enscape is a lot of good things, just not yet on that level.