Mobile VR teleporting

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hello,

I have a request/ question. While Enscape works perfect for normal virtual reality done via computer, and it has the ability to take scenes out to be viewed on a phone in cardboard etc. Will it not be great if it could be possible to, let's say, have an invisible crosshair then when you point it to specific let's say circles on the ground, you get teleported there? That was it could be possible to navigate even through mobile.

Anyway, apart from that, does anyone here know of any app/ program that makes this possible? I know there has to be as it is possible to do it, but I'm not aware of what program makes this possible?

Thanks for any help!

• It is possible.

I just answered about what works with Web Standalone-exports and not in this thread:

viewing vr on iPhone / google cardboard / Samsung Gear?

As far as I understand bluetooth VR-controllers would not work with the web standalones. But there's a joystick-like tap and drag mechanism to steer with. But you can't change from fly mode and other drawbacks. Read more in my other post.

About watching a desktop standalone you would need a thirdparty applicatione that streams video to your handheld device. Trinus VR is a such. But I don't think stereo would work with that from Enscape. A bluetooth VR-control might though.

/Jim

• Official Post

Thanks for all the feedback. I don't see a reason why we couldn't/wouldn't provide VR capable Web Standalones in the future which also take external Bluetooth controllers as input device. Our Web Standalones in general are still being improved further and further with time - we're adding more features and improvements pretty much constantly. :)

• Thanks for all the feedback. I don't see a reason why we couldn't/wouldn't provide VR capable Web Standalones in the future which also take external Bluetooth controllers as input device. Our Web Standalones in general are still being improved further and further with time - we're adding more features and improvements pretty much constantly. :)

As blutetooth controllers are an extra gadget both to buy and setup (it ain't that straightforward!) I'd recommend usingt the tap-drag joystick feature that already works. Although you cover part of the screen while doing this.

Also adding a feature like the Google Earth VR like feature of magnet clicking to move forward in Cardboard-views. You can't strife or move up/down vertically.

But you can always turn around to go back, up and down. It's simpler to implement and is tested and works. It might even be familiar.

Even a simple working movement controll to begin with would be much better thatn it is at his point.

/Jim