wish: 1.change texture in standalone exe - 2. cycle trough predefined views

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi,

I am currently evaluating if I could use enscape for a really big project. The problem is that I would need 2 key features to make this work:

1. the ability for the end user (client) to change a certain texture or material of a mesh e.g. by pressing a predefined hotkey while watching the standalone exe.

The name of the material could e.g. have specific syntax to indicate to enscape that it is changeable like e.g. WoodDark_CHANGE-A-01,Stone_CHANGE-A-02, WoodLight_Change-A-03...

"CHANGE" would indicate that it is a user changeable Material, "A" would be the group within the changing will occur, and the number would indicate the order the cycling would take place.

2. the possibility for the user to cycle trough pre-defined views, by hitting a defined hotkey.

Any chance to make this possible? I would be willing to pay a reasonable amount of money for such a feature, because I need them in a foreseeable time-frame...

best

Andreas

• Changing textures from within Enscape is an ongoing development request that spans almost from it's inception (although doing it from within an EXE is another step).

The second I think might already be possible through favorite views... but I might be wrong on this.

• Loosely related.... any chance of maintaining LAYERS in Enscape?

One of our GOALS for client exhibits is to be able to display OPTIONS.
    Would be nice to control this with layers...

• Official Post

Thanks for the suggestion v-cube , the first point is something which is actually planned to be implemented eventually, I'll forward this once more to our developers, if there'll be any further news I'll also get back to you.

Loosely related.... any chance of maintaining LAYERS in Enscape?

One of our GOALS for client exhibits is to be able to display OPTIONS.
    Would be nice to control this with layers...

Do you mean layer settings saved in views, or generally something like a menu in Enscape to circle between layer options? :)

• Using ArchiCAD...

While MATERIAL options are something to consider, I'm also after things like

-OptA = Ceiling Beams in Family Room

-OptB = Coffered Clg

-OptC = Crown Molding....

I already have these layers in ArchiCAD...

If I could export an ENSCAPE version where all these layers were present, then be able to TURN OFF layers, I could toggle thru the options.

(Graphisoft's own BIMx has this ability and even SAVE TO PDF is now able to keep layers with layer control in the PDF file)...

I suppose if ENSCAPE already "knows" about the layer as an attribute of the 3d entities, this would not be difficult. If it just sees ONE 3d SCENE, then some work to accomplish.

• You can already do this 'live' (at least you can in SU) - I presume you want to maintain the layer structure so clients can toggle them in an exported EXE or web upload?

Yes...

And actually, it's not only clients, but the "BOSS" runs ENSCAPE (only) for client meetings...

• Official Post

DGD-Duane , generally, with Enscape 2.7 you'll be able to have different geometry per view. So in that case, you should be able to have different layer options per view, so you could just cycle between the corresponding views. I hope this helps so far. :)

• Official Post

is there any ETA (roughly ...) when 2.7 will be released ? -> weeks / month / next year

Sorry - no rough ETA just yet besides knowing for sure that it'll be released next year.